Windows 10: Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

Discus and support Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help, I am locked out of my own machine. After finally getting 1903 to install, I am prompted to log in as other user. It will not allow me to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tsitrucs, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Tsitrucs Win User

Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

Help, I am locked out of my own machine.

After finally getting 1903 to install, I am prompted to log in as other user. It will not allow me to make a new account, or log in with my microsoft account. It keeps prompting me that my password is wrong. It isn't wrong and I have updated the password online to try to resolve that way with no luck.

:)

Tsitrucs, Jul 13, 2019
  2. mist3r0 Win User

Windows Home 10 update from 1803 to 1903

I have windows 10 x64 home edition, version 1803.

I'm trying to update it to the new onw, version 1903, but my pc freezes every time when the installation is going to finish (around 80%).

I tried to update the OS in different ways:

1. Start > Settings > Update
      & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
      If updates are available, install them.
    2. Download the Update Assistant
    3. Download the Media Creation Tool 1903
    The result is always the same.

No errors, only pc freezing.

What do you suggest to do?

mist3r0, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place - Similar Threads - Cannot log installing

2. Cannot get KB5034204 to install after an in place update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get KB5034204 to install after an in place update.: Hi there.Did have KB5034204 installed and was at 22631.3085 but I had a problem and I could not mount USB drives.So carried out an in-place update and since then cannot get KB5034204 to install.The USB drives now mount OK. Just get the message about rolling back during the...
  3. Cannot get KB5034204 to install after an in place update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get KB5034204 to install after an in place update.: Hi there.Did have KB5034204 installed and was at 22631.3085 but I had a problem and I could not mount USB drives.So carried out an in-place update and since then cannot get KB5034204 to install.The USB drives now mount OK. Just get the message about rolling back during the...
  4. Cannot install Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Update 1903: setupact: 2020-07-28 10:00:36, Error SYSPRP SPPNP: Failed to enumerate primitive driver packages. Err = 0x13[gle=0x00000013] 2020-07-28 10:00:36, Error SYSPRP SPPNP: Unable to install primitive drivers. Err = 0x13[gle=0x00000013] 2020-07-28...
  5. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!: I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I have to go into services and manually delay updates because it will keep doing this in a loop. How in earth do I fix this and...
  6. Cannot install update 1903

Cannot install update 1903: I can not install update 1903. Windows Update Assistant says that I have the latest version but I don't. The updater on the settings menu keeps stalling out before completion. This happened at 25% then at 64%. Help please....
  7. Cannot Install Update 1903

Cannot Install Update 1903: It fails at 60% complete every time, telling me "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." Thus far, I have attempted to install it: 1) As prompted by the XBox Gamepass for...
  8. Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903

Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  9. I cannot log in my PC after October update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot log in my PC after October update: After Windows 10 update I left completely locked out of my PC. The only account I can see there is Other user. I don’t have any access, even using my Microsoft account....
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...