Windows 10: Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore

Discus and support Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows home v1809 with Defender and Malwarebytes Starting yesterday I found I could not open my photo's with the default photo app, many of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by commonone, Jun 2, 2019.

1. commonone Win User

Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore

Running Windows home v1809 with Defender and Malwarebytes

Starting yesterday I found I could not open my photo's with the default photo app, many of the window store apps are greyed.

Tried sfc and dism to repair files without joy.

Tried SystemRestore with no joy as kept having error 0x80070003 which says I had not permission to restore certain files although I'm the administrator.

Had recently downloaded a update for iCloud for windows and assuming this was the cause of the problems, have uninstalled iCloud. But nothing has changed.

Below are 2 messages that pops up when trying to open a photo using the photo app.

Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore 36180e0b-e023-49bf-bb2b-f9bdc7ecff18?upload=true.jpg

Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore b3a6f917-617d-4dae-b41d-4786f17c175a?upload=true.jpg

Any clues of the problem

:)

commonone, Jun 2, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 2, 2019
  3. App Photos

In this case, we suggest restoring your Photo app library to default. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer (you can open it from Start Menu, Search or taskbar).
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Navigation pane and choose Show libraries.
    • In the left pane right-click on Libraries and click on
      Restore default libraries
    • Open your Photos app again.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 2, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

May I suggest an alternative : Restore Windows Photo Viewer
    How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

davidhk, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore - Similar Threads - Cannot open photo's

2. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  3. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  4. cannot restore apps on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot restore apps on taskbar: apps collapsed in taskbar cannot be restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-apps-on-taskbar/c9bd9b82-6ef1-4720-9260-bc4c8d97e85f
  5. cannot restore apps on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot restore apps on taskbar: apps collapsed in taskbar cannot be restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-apps-on-taskbar/c9bd9b82-6ef1-4720-9260-bc4c8d97e85f
  6. Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10: Hello - I cannot access my photos using microsoft Photos app windows 10 the problem appears to be associated with no access to microsoft store at all. I have tried all the fixes recommended but still no joy. Can anyone help - spent all of yesterday trying various ways around...
  7. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  8. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  9. cannot open windows photo app or store

cannot open windows photo app or store: this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue......
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...