Windows 10: Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

Discus and support Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so, this is my work computer and I did the upgrade to windows 10 and my first reaction was to go thru and get rid of all these apps and things I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MESOFRUFFEH, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

Ok so, this is my work computer and I did the upgrade to windows 10 and my first reaction was to go thru and get rid of all these apps and things I don't need on a work computer. Well, Cortana was one of the first things to go. Big mistake. I realized later that Cortana was the only way to search my computer for files. I had removed her search box, and the little O icon on my taskbar. The only place she remains is in the start menu.

Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP!  I messed up! [​IMG]

I have been googling for 2 days now trying to figure out how to put that dang search box BACK ONTO MY TASKBAR! I cannot right click the taskbar and select Cortana and choose to hide or place on taskbar or anything of that nature like all the articles I keep reading, because I removed her completely.

See?? Not there, no Cortana mentioned at all.

I cannot drag Cortana out of the start menu and pin it back on the taskbar, it simply will not let me.

Nowhere in the settings can I find the option to put Cortana back as a search bar on my taskbar. Or to just put her back on the taskbar as the O icon. I used the search feature from my start menu in Windows 7 daily. Yes, I can open the start menu and click on cortana, then click on the search box and type my inquiry, but 9 times out of 10 I am on the phone with someone spouting off information that needs to be accessed quickly and eliminating the few extra clicks it takes to access Cortana like I am currently, would make me so very happy.

Can anyone help me with this?! Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top? I am about to rip out my hair over here. Thank you SO MUCH in advance for anyone that has the answer to this!

:)

MESOFRUFFEH, Jan 21, 2016
  2. meg a. h. Win User

NOKIA LUMINA 635

I want to change the email and password on my Microsoft account for my phone. I currently have a gmail account and the password i put in does not work. So I cannot get Cortana to work either because if I tap Cortana it takes me to Enter your Microsoft
    account password. My phone service provider told me Cortana does not with with gmail oly outlook.com???!!! They tried changing my password and really messed it up.

HELP PLEASE....THX

meg a. h., Jan 21, 2016
  3. HELP!!!!

Laptop recently did an update and when the computer had rebooted, most of my applications that had been put there were gone and I do not know how to get this back. My microsoft edge had also deleted itself from my taskbar and I cannot get to it without searching
    for it in cortana.

Can anyone help with either of these issues?

Anna102128, Jan 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

If you right click at the Start button, do you see Search on the list ?
    If yes, will it open when you click it ?

davidhk, Jan 21, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
  6. Well now I feel like a huge derp, because that is exactly what I needed!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH! I can't believe I have wasted so much time trying to figure it out when it was that easy lol, I guess I was expecting it to say something about Cortana!

MESOFRUFFEH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

1. Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up! - Similar Threads - Cannot put Cortana

2. Some taskbar icons are messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some taskbar icons are messed up: Here are some screenshots of some icons on the taskbar being messed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-are-messed-up/7d3c6223-4445-4725-929f-3ca8379f58bd
  3. I messed up with my cloning, help?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I messed up with my cloning, help?: [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning...
  4. I messed up with my cloning, help?

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up with my cloning, help?: [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning...
  5. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  6. I Need Help i messed up and

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Help i messed up and: and totally wiped my C dive now I cant get It back can someone please help I was running win 10 pro 64 my computer is an AsRock p67 Exstreme4 gen 3 p.1.10-15a with 4 cores running 16 gb ram Basicly I made the mistake after coping the C drive thinking I was them able to...
  7. Was messing with something and now my 4TB HDD shows up a 32.5TB how do I put it back to normal?

Was messing with something and now my 4TB HDD shows up a 32.5TB how do I put it back to normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MemeySlick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g11rs9/was_messing_with_something_and_now_my_4tb_hdd/
  8. my files app is messed up help.

my files app is messed up help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blorbaii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyqthu/my_files_app_is_messed_up_help/
  9. TaskBar messed up

TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  10. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

Putting cortana/search button on taskbar: The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to the search box in my taskbar (later changed to cortana), having to pin it or drag it from somewhere, but the problems begin...