Windows 10: Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping

Discus and support Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Firstly, I encounter the endless looping of advanced system repair, basically means I cant enter the Windows. Then I try to reset pc option from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelNCE, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping

Firstly, I encounter the endless looping of advanced system repair, basically means I cant enter the Windows.

Then I try to reset pc option from there, which does not work as well: I got this error: -> "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made".

After that, i attempt to boot using safe mode which does not work as well as I stuck in my first problem as mentioned above. I cant get into safe mode as well.

Any idea how i can solve this issue?

:)

MichaelNCE, Oct 10, 2018

2. Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Cannot enter safe mode

Thanks for all the help so far Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/  advanced repair screen looping :)

essenbe:

I've checked the tutorial and followed this instruction:

7. To Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking

A) Type the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 9 below.

Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/  advanced repair screen looping [​IMG]
    bcdedit /set {identifier} safeboot network

The command was successful but after restarting, windows goes immediately to repair mode.

I don't have a windows 10 usb/dvd. However I don't think it's gonna do much since normal repair doesn't work either?

dalchina:

I've tried to delete the WindowsApps folder but to no avail. It's only possible to delete the folder when in safe mode (because in normal mode the folder is in use)

I'll try using the Kyhi's bootable flash drive as you suggested Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/  advanced repair screen looping :)

iDamn:

I've tried this several times. It's takes a while and when finished Windows will tell me that 'there was a problem with resetting Windows'.

Every time I start my PC, Windows automatically prepares for automatic startup repair but without success

raymond1984, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Frighty Win User

Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping

Black Screen /w mouse on startup - safe mode boot, repair and reset fails

Hi all!

Since yesterday, my up-to-date Windows 10 PC boots to a black screen. Hoewever, I can

• move the mouse
    • use some shortcut functions, e.g. open monitor options by pressing Win+p or open speech input by pressing Win+Enter.

What I tried:

• Rebooting after unplugging all USB devices -> same behaviour
    • safe mode -> same behaviour
    • low resolution mode -> same behaviour
    • system repair (via advanced boot menu) -> it fails with an error
    • system reset (retaining data) -> it fails with an error
    • system restore -> cannot find any recovery points (though I do not believe there are none)
    • booting with a usb flash device set up with the boot media creation tool -> does not find the windows installation

Seems to me like I am pretty up a gum tree here. However, any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Frighty, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping

1. Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping - Similar Threads - Cannot reset cannot

2. Cannot enter advanced option mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter advanced option mode: Hello, I just experienced an issue with my Lenovo laptop. I last used it about 2 month ago June 2022 when I had to do some stuff for university. I’m pretty sure that I turned the laptop off making a win10 update and now I get the blue screen error with the code inaccessible...
  3. Cannot enter advanced option mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter advanced option mode: Hello, I just experienced an issue with my Lenovo laptop. I last used it about 2 month ago June 2022 when I had to do some stuff for university. I’m pretty sure that I turned the laptop off making a win10 update and now I get the blue screen error with the code inaccessible...
  4. Cannot enter advanced option mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen Error/ Cannot reset PC/ Cannot use Safe Mode

Black Screen Error/ Cannot reset PC/ Cannot use Safe Mode: Hi, I have been facing this issue for a while now. Before, it used to take a few minutes sometimes, half an hour to an hour to reveal the sign-in page. Lately, the story's different. It gets stuck on the black screen. I tried a couple of things like 'Solving Black Screen...
  6. Infinite Boot Loop, cannot enter repair/recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite Boot Loop, cannot enter repair/recovery mode: I wanted to factory reset my gaming pc and when at the last part it entered a boot loop i tried the shutdown 3 times to get to the setting it worked and then i tried to put it in safe mode and now it wont allow me to go back into the setting ive tried everything please help!!...
  7. HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode: Hi, when i want to switch my computer on, a BSOD appears, i cannot run into safe mode on startup settings, i cannot reset windows. I tried a lot. Chk dsk does not finds any issue, i tried to uninstall pending updates because i had a problem that Windows couldn't install...
  8. Infinite Boot Loop, cannot enter repair/recovery mode

Infinite Boot Loop, cannot enter repair/recovery mode: Hi all, after trying to update for the 100th time, I opted for the ‘keep my files, delete everything else’ option in the update menu, and now my ASUS ROG GL503G is stuck in a boot loop: keyboard flashes, ROG logo appears for about 2 seconds, then keyboard flashes and...
  9. I cannot enter in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enter in safe mode: I cannot enter in safe mode and I need to take my system to a previous state since I lost some files after an update that I made. These are very important for my work. Could you please help me?...
  10. Cannot enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter safe mode: Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things: Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all...