Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

Discus and support Cannot restore default location of Documents folder in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MurakamiFan, Jun 1, 2018.

1. MurakamiFan Win User

I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I resolve this?

Furthermore, I have the issue that the original folder C:\Users\MyName\Documents apparently exists, I can read and write files onto it, but it does not show up in Explorer, even when hidden files are selected. Why is this?

:)

MurakamiFan, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot restore default location of Documents folder - Similar Threads - Cannot restore default

1. Cannot create restore point - error any time I open System Protection

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot create restore point - error any time I open System Protection: Hi gang, Haven't been on here in awhile - good news cuz my computers have been behaving. All good things shall pass. I've not been able to create a restore point recently. I've attached a screenshot of the error, and the windows error is 0x81000203 appears. This started...
  2. cannot restore old firefox profile

in Browsers and Email
    cannot restore old firefox profile: I realise this post is not exclusively related to Windows 10, but someone out there may be able to help me. I carelessly ended up with a virus today and it played havoc with my Firefox browser. Fortunately a couple of weeks ago I had saved a copy of my Firefox profile...
  3. Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc: Several sudden issues (after a crash - long story) on which I'd greatly appreciate help please. Can't do a System Restore Repeatedly get a message reporting unsuccessful because couldn't access a file, and suggesting I retry after switching off anti-virsu software....
  4. Cannot Restore from old Drive Image

Cannot Restore from old Drive Image: Computer operation has become very slow, and I planned to save documents, browser data, etc. and return to an earlier image. This approach worked fine with win XP and 7, but not with 10. I initially had win7, and upgraded to 10 (with Microsoft's unexpected help). I made...
  5. Restore issue: Windows cannot find image

Restore issue: Windows cannot find image: I've recently made the change from Windows 7 to 10. When my tablet developed a screen fault, I followed the image backup guide onsite before requesting a manufacturer exchange. With the new tablet I've followed steps to restore the image, but I get the 'Windows cannot find a...
  6. Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...: I don't know what is happening to my computer since the last Windows 10 update. The latest problems started with my Logitch wireless mouse no longer being recognised (still haven't solved this problem), but things are worse now; I cannot run chkdsk or do a system restore. And...
  7. Why windows 8 registry hive cannot be restored into windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows 8 registry hive cannot be restored into windows 10: Why windows 8 registry hive cannot be restored into windows 10 I got onto windows 8 and: I saved /backed up HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT key into a file in registry hive format I saved /backed up HKEY_USERS\<user/my SID> key into a file in registry hive format I saved /backed...