Windows 10: Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled

Discus and support Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In an attempt to renew my childhood with Stronghold Crusader which is a 2001 game, I get an error with code: 0xc0000022 which is as far as I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Len198, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Len198 Win User

Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled

In an attempt to renew my childhood with Stronghold Crusader which is a 2001 game, I get an error with code: 0xc0000022 which is as far as I know related to DirectPlay being disabled on Windows 10 as default. DirectPlay can be enabled from Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features On or Off but the window presists Please wait... on build 1809 (17763.107)

I did a system scan using sfc /scannow in command prompt but it said that there were no intergrity violations found.

How am I supposed to fix the windows features window showing nothing at all?

:)

Len198, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Fourch Win User

DirectPlay protocol old games issue on Windows 10

Tried already, with no success.

Here is a hint written in the article :

• Windows 10 users may not be able to get this working at all, DirectPlay is pretty old and will not be in your favor when you run the game using reverse compatibility settings.

That's what made pop into my mind there should be an issue with DIrectPlay and WIndows 10

Fourch, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Directplay on Windows 10

We both did this (me and the person asking this several posts above). Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled :) There were others suggesting this (and of course, this is the way to have DIrectplay on window 10). The problem was that after the restart needed to complete the activation of Directplay
    the option was again disabled. There was a loop of errors. Directplay needed windows to restart and the restart deactivated Directplay. For me, only the reinstall worked. Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled ;)

tiamat4455, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?

Welcome to TenForums @lyds84

DirectPlay is a deprecated feature, which is why it's not included in Windows 10 by default. It can however be enabled if you need it. NB: you must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn it on. See this tutorial.

*Arrow Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled [​IMG]

Bree, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled - Similar Threads - Cannot run old

2. Cannot download DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download DirectPlay: I am trying to activate direct play to play grand theft auto 3 but I am presented with the error code 0x80071A91. I have stumbled upon...
  3. Cannot download DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download DirectPlay: I am trying to activate direct play to play grand theft auto 3 but I am presented with the error code 0x80071A91. I have stumbled upon...
  4. Can't enable DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable DirectPlay: Hello, I've been trying to install DirectPlay to play stronghold crusader. but I always got this messageI've been trying to use Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, but always got Cyclic Redundancy Check error.How to fix it?...
  5. Can't enable DirectPlay

Can't enable DirectPlay: Hello, I've been trying to install DirectPlay to play stronghold crusader. but I always got this messageI've been trying to use Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, but always got Cyclic Redundancy Check error.How to fix it?...
  6. Can't enable DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. DirectPlay cannot be enabled [ Windows 10 Home ]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectPlay cannot be enabled [ Windows 10 Home ]: Once I turn Legacy Components and DirectPlay on I get this message : I have installed DirectX a few times and the issue hasn't been solved.Please someone help me!...
  8. DirectPlay cannot be enabled [ Windows 10 Home ]

DirectPlay cannot be enabled [ Windows 10 Home ]: Once I turn Legacy Components and DirectPlay on I get this message : I have installed DirectX a few times and the issue hasn't been solved.Please someone help me!...
  9. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...: I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code 0x80073712.though I am able to install the windows update...
  10. How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?: Please help me! Trying to play theme hospital on windows 10 and when I try to play it says I need to install directplay. It then says it needs to restart the pc to do so. It restarts and then nothing happens and it hasn't installed. Tried this over and over. Read many other...