Windows 10: Cannot set up local user account

Discus and support Cannot set up local user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Debashish Dey debashish, May 10, 2020.

1. Cannot set up local user account

Hello

I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears. Then the computer asks for an email address when the account was set up without one. We tried just putting in the user name and password but it did not recognise anything.

Any ideas?

:)

Debashish Dey debashish, May 10, 2020

2. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, May 10, 2020
  3. Cannot switch to local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, May 10, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot set up local user account

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

Cannot set up local user account

1. Cannot set up local user account - Similar Threads - Cannot set local

2. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  3. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  4. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  6. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  7. Set up a local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set up a local account.: I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish...
  8. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  9. Cannot set up new user

Cannot set up new user: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing...
  10. Cannot set up Local Account

Cannot set up Local Account: I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819