Windows 10: Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization"

Discus and support Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need assistance from someone who is knowledgeable. I'm setting up a brand new home laptop for my senior parents who only use it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by salsa, Mar 14, 2019.

1. salsa Win User

Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization"

Hello everyone,

I need assistance from someone who is knowledgeable. I'm setting up a brand new home laptop for my senior parents who only use it for browsing internet.

Windows 10 HOME edition - Build 1803

The setting "For Developers" is turned on and has the "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" notice, so I cannot turn it off. There is no "organization." This is a personal computer, new out of the box (unless someone else returned it?). How did this setting get turned on? It's perplexing. I did not turn it on. I discovered it when I was customizing all the settings. This setting should NOT be turned on for two elderly people who are nearly computer illiterate and only browse the internet.

I have not found any other threads that deal with the "managed by your organization" problem specifically affecting the developer mode settings, therefore I do not know what to do.

What I've tried so far:
    -Created new profile using only default windows settings - same problem in that profile
    -Uninstalled software that was possibly taking control of that setting, specifically Norton AV, which came preinstalled. I did not install it.
    -Checked registry - sub-keys that supposedly turn this setting on don't even exist
    -Updated from 1709 (installed when it arrived) to 1803 in hopes this might fix it - no change
    - This is Windows 10 HOME edition, not Pro - group policy doesn't exist, so no way to edit that
    -Changing diagnostic and usage data from Basic to Enhanced or Full (which is not wanted), does absolutely nothing

I've already read everything I could find on the web - no solution found. There's a thread on this forum about registry edits for developer settings that claims to tell how to turn it on/off in registry, but it did not specifically say how to edit registry to turn this OFF. Or maybe I didn't understand it:
    Turn On or Off Developer Mode in Windows 10

If I need to edit the registry to turn this off, I will need detailed instructions on what to add to turn it 'off' and how, since the registry editor is something I have minimal experience with.

Am I going to have to install a fresh copy of Windows? I hope not. I've read reports of people reinstalling windows only to have the problem reoccur, so that might be a huge amount of wasted time and effort. I've spent a lot of time getting it set up and this is the only remaining obstacle.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! *Smile

:)

salsa, Mar 14, 2019

2. How to enable developer mode in Windows 10

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below to enable Developer Mode via Group Policy and check.

1. Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to the following setting:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App Package Deployment

2. You will need to edit and Enable the following two policies

• Allow all trusted apps to install
    • Allows development of Windows Store apps and installing them from an integrated development environment (IDE

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization"

WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization"

1. Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization" - Similar Threads - Cannot turn off

2. managed by your organization

in Browsers and Email
    managed by your organization: I tried to change some settings in my browser: Microsoft Edge Version 87.0.664.47 but I get a message: Your browser is managed by your organization I don't understand as I am not managed by an external administrator on work...; I installed my computer from scratch and are...
  3. Your organization has turned off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your organization has turned off automatic updates: Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 pro. For some time it does not receive updates and when I check for updates, it displays this message : Your organization has turned off automatic updates. I am the owner and single user of this computer. Will appreciate if somebody could...
  4. managed by your organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    managed by your organization: When setting up my computer, I made myself as the Administrator. Now I find the message "managed by your organization." Please tell me how to remove this and return myself as the administrator? I have seen things about using gpedit.msc but I have windows 10 Home edition....
  5. managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    managed by your organization: What does the term "managed by your organization" means? It keeps appearing on my Microsoft laptop although I am not a apart of any organization!1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organization/1ea3e061-7df8-42d4-b21e-4855af851880
  6. Your organization has turned off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your organization has turned off automatic updates: One of our users has this message (Your organization has turned off automatic updates) displayed under the "Check for Updates" button in her settings. Where can I change this at? We use Azure AD. [ATTACH]...
  7. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  8. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  9. Managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Managed by your organization: I try to be organized but I am not an organization. When I get updates I see a message stating some settings on my PC is managed by "your organization". Why? How can I fix this? Some research indicates I am getting the message because I have enrolled in the Insider Program,...
  10. Turn On or Off Developer Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Developer Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Developer Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Developer Mode in Windows 10 There is a different approach for development for Windows 10 devices. A developer license is no longer required for each device that you want to use to develop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 developer mode disabled organization