Windows 10: Cannot update windows to 1903

Discus and support Cannot update windows to 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried windows update and update assistant to update to 1903. Update assistant would shut down mid update, tried a few times. Then ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guyrelax, Jun 19, 2019.

1. guyrelax Win User

Cannot update windows to 1903

I have tried windows update and update assistant to update to 1903. Update assistant would shut down mid update, tried a few times. Then ran troubleshoot updater and it fixed 2 things (see below). Tried windows update, it got through the whole thing restarted to finalize and it shut down. Started pc and it said undoing changes to your pc. Back to square 1.

Ran troubleshoot windows update again

clicked fix 'repair windows database corruption'

troubleshoot completed

potential windows update database error - fixed

windows update components must be repaired - fixed

Troubleshoot did the same thing before my last update attempt

Any ideas? I don't want to keep attempting update if there's still a problem

:)

guyrelax, Jun 19, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 19, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot update windows to 1903 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 19, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot update windows to 1903 - Similar Threads - Cannot update 1903

2. Cannot install Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Update 1903: setupact: 2020-07-28 10:00:36, Error SYSPRP SPPNP: Failed to enumerate primitive driver packages. Err = 0x13[gle=0x00000013] 2020-07-28 10:00:36, Error SYSPRP SPPNP: Unable to install primitive drivers. Err = 0x13[gle=0x00000013] 2020-07-28...
  3. Cannot update windows 10 to 1903.

Cannot update windows 10 to 1903.: Hi, I need help with updating Windows 10. Whenever I try and update to 1903 the november feature update, it downloads then fails on the install phase. I get the fault 0x80070003. I've ran the update troubleshooter and it tells me that a potential windows update database...
  4. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes: rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates. System has updated to 1803 states there is an update for 1903 - download this system reboots - starts to install the update...
  5. Cannot update to windows 10 1903

Cannot update to windows 10 1903: Ive tried since August to update to Windows 10 1903. I'm tired of seeing notice I need to update and they will not support my version of windows 10 after November. I have tried to update all my drivers. I have turned off Anti virus. Ive turned off and uninstalled components...
  6. Cannot update to 1903 Continued

Cannot update to 1903 Continued: Originally started here I continue to have problems addressing this issue and created this new thread per zbooks instructions. @zbook: So, using advanced startup I booted into command prompt. This was what the dialogue looked like after attempting your last instructions "...
  7. Cannot update to 1903

Cannot update to 1903: I'm currently running Windows 10 version 1803. When I try to update to 1903 it will get to about 29% and then roll back the update. Things I've tried so far: - Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter (no change) - Reinstalling Windows I'm using a Dell G3 3579 laptop with...
  8. Cannot install update 1903

Cannot install update 1903: I can not install update 1903. Windows Update Assistant says that I have the latest version but I don't. The updater on the settings menu keeps stalling out before completion. This happened at 25% then at 64%. Help please....
  9. CANNOT UPDATE TO 1903!!

CANNOT UPDATE TO 1903!!: Hello, For the past month, I have tried to update to the latest Windows 10 Update 1903, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro on 1803 OS Build 17134.950 which is the latest on the 1803 update with an Intel Core i3-4130. When trying to update it gets stuck at 60% and then...
  10. Cannot Install Update 1903

Cannot Install Update 1903: It fails at 60% complete every time, telling me "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." Thus far, I have attempted to install it: 1) As prompted by the XBox Gamepass for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to the update service after udating to indows 1903

2. windows 1903 spectre 11ad1synaptics smbus clickpad