Windows 10: Cannot view photos in photo app

Discus and support Cannot view photos in photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scopio, Aug 11, 2015.

1. scopio Win User

Cannot view photos in photo app

I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open!

Cannot view photos in photo app [​IMG]
    How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick

Just to clarify I sign in with a Local account, do I have to sign in with a Microsoft account to use the apps?

:)

scopio, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Messcar56 Win User

Windows 10 Photo App photos missing in albums

Hi Sachin

I have tried running the Windows app troubleshooter which didn't find any problems I have created another user account and also tried to synchronize the folders but still cannot import the missing pictures which are still listed and can be viewed using Windows
    Explorer. So the problem of loosing pictures when trying to import to this Photo App which I and many other Window 10 users are experiencing see FEEDBACK for this Photo App still exists, why would this Photo App not install all the photos in any selected Folder
    and why drop random photos and not import them, this problem is not confined to one particular folder but others that I have tried to import from, it has dropped photos in every case and I cannot retrieve the photos into the Photo App, all the photos are including
    the ones not imported to this Photo App are still available to view in the existing folder using another Photo viewing app.

Messcar56, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Microsoft Photos app does not show certain photos

Hi. I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 and currently I am having some problems with the default Photos app.

There are many of my photos that the Photos app does not show up in its Collection or Album. Even if I look up for the photos in the Folder view inside Photos app, these photo cannot be seen. On the other hand, it shows perfectly using Window file explorer,
    of course. And these photos do not have any special trait, there are other photo that taken up on the same day, with the same device show up perfectly inside Photos app as well.

If I get to these photo in the File Explorer and open them by the Photos app, the app can still open these photo perfectly, however, I cannot move between these photos. That mean, if I would like to view another photos, I have to close the Photos app and
    open the other photo with the app again in File Explorer.

On the other hand, with the photos that are showed up in the app's Collection view, If I open them by the Photos app through File Explorer, I can still move between them perfectly.

I have run importing over and over again but nothing change. Thus I have to ask here. Thank you very much in advance Cannot view photos in photo app :)

pkmluudung, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

There are a few other users on Google (file system error 1073545193 - Google-Suche), who have the same problem. It seems it can appear with different apps; I even found someone who had this with rundll32.exe. The fact that this error obviously can happen with different programes makes me believe this might not actually be a problem in the photo viewer, but really like the error says somewhere in the file system. Maybe running CHKDSK helps...

Joergi, Aug 12, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    Lots of photo viewer errors in my reliability chart and I haven't even opened it on this machine.

banger, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  7. scopio Win User
    Thanks Joergi for the link but Photo App did not work in Safe Mode or after running sfc /scannow as suggested in that link.
    I have now done as Brink suggested and Restored Windows Photo Viewer and now I can get to see my photos and pictures. Thanks Brink *Thumbs

scopio, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  9. scopio Win User
    scopio, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Leechap Win User
    While it is "nice" to be able to see and access your pics again, the point is that the new Photos app should work and doesn't.

This is only a temporary fix so what is the actual way to fix it so that it works as it should for this new shiny OS?

Leechap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot view photos in photo app - Similar Threads - Cannot view photos

2. Cannot view some photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot view some photos: 1. In my PC1, some images in the file explorer do not have thumbnails and cannot viewed with Windows photos viewer and paint, but edge and vlc works well.2. All images appear normally on other PC, all have thumbnails and can be viewed with Windows photos viewer and paint.Why...
  3. Cannot view some photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot view some photos: 1. In my PC1, some images in the file explorer do not have thumbnails and cannot viewed with Windows photos viewer and paint, but edge and vlc works well.2. All images appear normally on other PC, all have thumbnails and can be viewed with Windows photos viewer and paint.Why...
  4. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  5. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  6. Viewing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing photos: When I click on a photo icon on desktop or in folders it takes several minutes to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-photos/54ddf94b-e8dc-4fa5-b18b-d6e07d0a11c9
  7. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewing: I have many photos on my Win 10 64 bit Build 1903 laptop. For Photos Twinui is recommended for Windows 10 but this is very unfriendly . I am used to being able (in Explorer to click on a Jpg file and view it. Twinui comes up with an error message so I have to go...
  8. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Viewing: How can I get the old Pre W10 photo viewer back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/17a4dc27-11a4-402e-b0b5-423f17f76e32
  9. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing: Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I open them for viewing and culling. When I import them into my photo editor (Not the Photo APP with Win10 Pro) they resume...
  10. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot view photo in photo app