Windows 10: can't access my local user account

Discus and support can't access my local user account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyRobert98, Mar 28, 2020.

1. can't access my local user account

I'm not good with English so bear with me.

So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean desktop with the recycling bin and Microsoft edge.

i thought my Laptop was in another user so when i restarted my laptop a blue screen of death came up and now all my files and programs are lost, when i go into my computer local disk for drive C for user its not there,but when i go to my other disk E the user account files and all my programs are all there.

please help me recovery my files and put it back to the way the PC was.

Thank you

:)

TonyRobert98, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. aagha Win User
    Give access to specific apps for Local User

@dalchina, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your blanket option, and that didn't work.

I filtered per your suggestion:

can't access my local user account [​IMG]

However, it seems there are no settings for that filter:

can't access my local user account [​IMG]

aagha, Mar 28, 2020
  4. can't access my local user account

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

can't access my local user account

1. can't access my local user account - Similar Threads - can't access local

2. I can't access my local account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my local account log in: I recently updated my computer and when I went to log in again it was messed up. Usually it will prompt me for the computer password but now my only option is to login to a microsoft account. I have tried to log in multiple times using a microsoft account but it asks me to...
  3. I can't access my local account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my local account log in: I recently updated my computer and when I went to log in again it was messed up. Usually it will prompt me for the computer password but now my only option is to login to a microsoft account. I have tried to log in multiple times using a microsoft account but it asks me to...
  4. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  5. Can't Access Local users and groups.

Can't Access Local users and groups.: I used this application called virtual hardware to customize my hwids and stuff I think that's what it did haha. Ever since I used this, I cant access Local users and groups. It says invalid path. And when I try to access net user in cmd is says windows error. Any help is...
  6. Local User Account

Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  7. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  8. Can't access Desktop of Local Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access Desktop of Local Account: When I log into my main account on Windows 10, I'm greeted with a black blank screen. It looks like the account's been reset. None of my programs are on the task bar, and an error message appears. The message stays up for like a second, then it and the task bar disappear,...
  9. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  10. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...