Windows 10: Can't access my pc

Discus and support Can't access my pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay if I'm following you correctly you did a clean install and it was working. Then if I read right the screen went blank as you were doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rogervansteeden, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Can't access my pc

Okay if I'm following you correctly you did a clean install and it was working. Then if I read right the screen went blank as you were doing the graphics driver.

If so do this again and do not load the graphics driver. Leave it as is.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016

2. I did that after but the windows updated and downloaded it and same problem is it possible to stop windows update as this problem is with the driver and I am not the only person that has this problem I have followed your instructions and if I contact Nvidia online on my wifes laptop you cant get a straight answer due to the language barrier ( Indian call Centre )

rogervansteeden, Dec 29, 2016
  3. So just so I'm clear. You did a clean install an you are using new V1607 media to do the clean install from. You had your machine disconnected from Internet, either by unplugging or not giving wireless password to during clean install. Once machine was up you followed the process to to disable hardware drivers. Machine works although only locally like notepad, office or Libre Office or a game.

You connect to Internet, updates start and screen goes blank.

Is this an accurate description? Very important as it would indicate to me it is something in the actual window updates.

When you do the clean install there is also a question MS presents about getting software for other products / vendors. Please say no to this.

4. Can't access my pc

Thank you for being so patient with me on this I will try this and let you know

rogervansteeden, Dec 29, 2016
  5. No problem. While you are doing that I will look up black screen. Sometimes it takes a moment, over these long distances, for problems to be clarified. Hopefully progress is being made.

6. New request. Wow lots of Black screens so I want to suggest and ask....

Before connecting to internet and getting updates shut off hibernation. Right click on windows start, command prompt(admin), enter
    powercfg /hibernation off

Should this black screen appear again, hopefully not, is the mouse cursor present (the arrow head I think on most machines.) and can you move it around.

7. I keep typing powercfg /hibernation off all I get is invalid parameters

rogervansteeden, Dec 30, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

Can't access my pc

spunk, Dec 30, 2016
  9. i have tried everything typing powercfg/hibernation off also disable and enable but I cant stop windows installing the Nvidia gtx 560 graphics drivers this issue seems to be worldwide is Microsoft providing a resolution to this

10. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Dec 30, 2016
  11. My error. Sorry. powercfg /hibernate off

Ouch.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  12. Okay, I re-read. Yes Windows installs the drivers for your card as it sees it. It is not necessarily downloading an update if you told it not to as per the instruction.

Could you please posts the exact Model number of your card and the version of the drivers currently installed.

I think we need to treat this as the Black screen issue. Sorry about by post with wrong hibernation command but hopefully you followed Spunk's link and saw the right command.

Could you please post where you are now, the exact card details and if you got hibernation shut off.

Shutting off hibernation was one item in the Black screen fix, then there is disconnect Logitech wireless products, updating BIOS, pretending that the screen was right and entering password blindly, so lots of options.

13. Can't access my pc

Graphics card is a Asus Strix Gtx 960,2Gb.128 bit,pci Express 3.0 GDDR5 SDRAM

Typed in powercfg/hibernate off and went back to c:windows\system32

14. Thanks.

Just so I'm clear, you said windows is downloading the GTX560 and you have the 960? When I key in either card it comes back to the same driver. Do you have the most recent driver on a USB key.

You said you were able to enter command, excellent. Could I suggest you try a reboot to see if the Black screen issue was resolved (when you disabled hibernate windows disable Fast Startup).

If this doesn't work can you boot into safe mode and see what driver version is listed?

15. i made a image backup rebooted and tried loading it afte r 5 minutes a macruim screen came up but I couldn't go to my desktop and screen still going black and caes is Gtx 960 not 560

Thema:

Can't access my pc

1. Can't access my pc - Similar Threads - Can't access

2. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  3. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  4. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  5. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  6. Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.

Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.: Lenovo with Windows 11 enabled Bitlocker after an update and restart. I am unable to use fingerprint, pin, or password to gain access to the PC....
  7. Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.: Lenovo with Windows 11 enabled Bitlocker after an update and restart. I am unable to use fingerprint, pin, or password to gain access to the PC....
  8. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  9. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  10. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade