Windows 10: Cant boot or install windows

Discus and support Cant boot or install windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everyone, long story but I'm stumped. I built my pc about 6 years ago now and have upgraded it a few times but have always used windows 7 and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinJ3, Nov 7, 2018.

1. KevinJ3 Win User

Cant boot or install windows

Hey everyone, long story but I'm stumped. I built my pc about 6 years ago now and have upgraded it a few times but have always used windows 7 and had no problems. But yesterday I experienced a problem where a minute or so after booting windows would stop responding. If I hadn't logged in yet once I tried it would be stuck on the welcome screen where I was able to move my mouse and the wheel spun but it never logged on. If I had already logged on a similar thing happened where I could move my mouse but couldn't interact with most aspects. Pressing esc, or ctrl+alt+del, or ctrl+shift+esc. Had no effect, if it let me open the start menu clicking anything in it wouldn't work, including shutdown and restart. Eventually I would get a pop-up box titles Microsoft windows that would say the program stopped responding and pressing cancel would leave me in the same state, pressing end would leave me in a blank desktop backgroup with still no functionality. From there I ran virus scans in safe mode and tried all of the options to boot in the "fix your computer menus" by pressing f8 and nothing worked, eventually making it worse even and not being able to boot to the log in screen. I went to best buy and bought windows 10 and tried installing but keeping files which said I needed to log on and then run to accomplish that. Since I couldn't do that and I don't have anything to important on my pc I deleted my partitions and tried installing but I always received an error 0x80075070 and so I tested my ram through the memtest on the windows 10 USB and found no problems. I then borrowed some ram I knew was working and tried the install again but still the same error, which happened on both my ssd and hdd drives. It's hard for me to think these got corrupted especially at the same time so I'm not sure what the problem could be from here, my only thing to think is that my motherboard has something wrong with it but I need help with this one.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

:)

KevinJ3, Nov 7, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Cant boot or install windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Cant boot or install windows

1. Cant boot or install windows - Similar Threads - Cant boot install

2. boot device blocked. cant install win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot device blocked. cant install win7: hello. im trying to install windows 7 ultimate on a legion. the bios and boot manager doesnt workboot manager: blocks itbios: does nothingplease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-blocked-cant-install-win7/3ea80a70-8a70-45ce-b44d-4c6f4a34065a
  3. boot device blocked. cant install win7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot device blocked. cant install win7: hello. im trying to install windows 7 ultimate on a legion. the bios and boot manager doesnt workboot manager: blocks itbios: does nothingplease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-blocked-cant-install-win7/3ea80a70-8a70-45ce-b44d-4c6f4a34065a
  4. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  5. Cant get windows to boot without installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get windows to boot without installation media: I had an issue with my dvd rewriter and So i made a install media using another hard drive i had. The install completed and the pc boots fine giving options to boot into windows or to run setup. If i remove the install media drive my computer says there is no boot device...
  6. Cant boot into windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant boot into windows: I cannot boot into my system, my C: Drive has turned into RAW format. How do i recover my data back ? if i reinstall windows will it activate itself ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows/4e1c28f9-1d49-404b-aed1-ece60c38da49"
  7. Cant Boot into windows :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Boot into windows :(: ok so i have had my computer on windows 10 since it came out and only just got this issue. So when i try and boot it goes to windows logo and the loading thing just spins. I have loaded into the repair and it says there is no startup issue so i click restore and pick the one...
  8. Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode

Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode: Hello Guys, recently i purchased a new laptop that came with win10. The laptop is Lenovo z50-70 Unfortunately my brother managed to download so many viruses, that I decided to do clean Win 10 install. I had no important data on the laptop and I thought it would be...
  9. Cant boot windows after install

Cant boot windows after install: So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot get it to work. I get to the install screen and when it says it need to reboot it won’t reboot back into the Windows...
  10. Cant legacy boot any OS or installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant legacy boot any OS or installer: I have two Dell Inspiron 3250 that are a month old. They are both set to legacy boot and I can boot Win7, Win10, MSDART, etc without issue. I just ordered an identical system and setup the BIOS/UEFI exactly the same as the other systems. The new box crashes when I try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant boot or install windows