Windows 10: Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot)

Discus and support Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't get rid of these files , they are leftovers from deleting backups . Anyone know how to delete these? The second screenshot is the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fredc, Sep 12, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot)

I can't get rid of these files , they are leftovers from deleting backups .

Anyone know how to delete these?

The second screenshot is the message i get .

Thanks

:)

fredc, Sep 12, 2015

2. 9300i Memory Full - Delete some files - Memory Full... (Mail/index)

How did you delete the index file? I'm using FE Explorer 1.17 and I can't delete it because the file is "in use".

murteira_nabo, Sep 12, 2015
  3. File Explorer in Windows 10

Yes, that is what I want to change. Belowis a screenshot of what it shows now when I open it.

I have the screenshot, but I can't Copy and Paste into this reply box. Must be too late, I'll try again in the morning.

DickDuvick, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Sep 12, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    fredc, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    You're welcome.
    Sometimes Windows 10 is so "helpful", it's confusing! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot) - Similar Threads - Can't delete certain

2. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  3. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  4. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN"

CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN": These files/pictures came on my new computer, NOT MINE. Can't delete. Says "no longer located in". What is this? I didn't ask for all these files clogging my computer....
  6. File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909: I was FORCED to update into ver. 1909 2 days ago and after updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after reading the folder...
  7. Delete a file in file explorer.

Delete a file in file explorer.: What setting do I not have correct. I simply want to delete a file that is incorrect. I tried to replace it with a corrected version, but now I have two files with the same name and cannot select the correct one. And when I right click, or simply select delete, nothing...
  8. I can't delete certain file on desktop

I can't delete certain file on desktop: Half year ago, my teacher sent me a compressed package file which is compressed in MAC system with her Apple Mac computer. When I unzipped it, I got this just in this figure. And no matter how hard to delete it, it didn't work. I thought maybe it would disappear when Windows...
  9. File in explorer can't be found to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    File in explorer can't be found to delete: Hi all, I have a really bizarre problem with a file that I can't open, delete, rename, or move. I basically can't touch it. I believe the file was created by our Aperture Card scanning software and that it was supposed to be a scan. Said software may have somehow created...
  10. Can't delete file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete file in file explorer: I have a memory card in my phone that allows me to move large picture files to my laptop. Once in file explorer, it only allows me to copy and paste the files onto my laptop. The "cut" and "delete" options are grayed out. This memory card is quickly filling up b/c I am...