Windows 10: Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

Discus and support Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I found this folder in my HDD, inside a Program Files folder. Both folders are empty and I do not know how to delete it. Can someone help me? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nedioca, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

So I found this folder in my HDD, inside a Program Files folder. Both folders are empty and I do not know how to delete it.
    Can someone help me? Thanks a lot!

submitted by /u/Nedioca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nedioca, Mar 15, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

4. SoFine409 Win User

Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

Thank you Kari.
    UPDATE: While doing some additional research on whether or not I would need to change the default location(s) for the VMs, I realized that I can store each VM in different location and don’t need to keep them all in one place. Never knew that. So I won’t need to move the existing ones after all. I can simply store any new VMs on another drive where there is more space. There is always something new to learn.
    Bob

SoFine409, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

1. Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Can't delete ModifiableWindowsApps

2. Hyper V administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V administration: Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?...
  3. Hyper V administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V administration: Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?...
  4. Delete Hyper-V Snapshots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Hyper-V Snapshots: Hi, I am running out of space on one of my drives which contains many checkpoints/snapshots, some of which dated as far back as 2018. I have looked online for the best way to remove these to recoup some space, however, other than "do not delete by hand" I cannot seem to...
  5. Can't disable/delete Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable/delete Hyper-V: So, today I was installing Bluestacks, which needs Hyper-V to NOT be active/running. It says I have Hyper-V on, but I don't! I even run commands to disable it, but it didn't work. Or, I don't know, in Control Panel Hyper-V is unchecked. But every single app there needs...
  6. Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove: I am new with Hyper-V, I've been using it to learn Linux/Ubuntu. I recently built a new Desktop, installed a Ryzen 7 with 8 cores and 32 Gb RAM. Hyper-V allows me to try different installations without wrestling with the old hardware I had been using. The latest...
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files

Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files: Is it normal for Hyper-V to not delete the original checkpoint files when the reference/restore point is deleted in the Hyper-V manager? I am just getting my feet wet in the Hyper-V realm and noticed that the AVHDX files take space on my PC even after deleting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ModifiableWindowsApps

2. delete ModifiableWindowsApps

3. cant delete modifiablewindowsapps

4. Modifiable windows app virus?,
  5. cant move modifiable windows apps,
  6. Cant delete ModifiableWindowsApps folder,
  7. modifiable windows app cant delete,
  8. what are ModifiableWindowsApps