Windows 10: Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"

Discus and support Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hotsuma, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hotsuma Win User

Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"

How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work. While on the desktop I'll sometimes double-click by accident and it'll hide the icons. It gets annoying after a while. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hotsuma, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Hotsuma Win User

How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work. While on the desktop I'll sometimes double-click by accident and it'll hide the icons. It gets annoying after a while. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hotsuma, Jan 13, 2020
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons" - Similar Threads - Can't disable Double

2. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  3. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  4. Can't click on some desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on some desktop icons: All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of...
  5. Can't click on some desktop icons

Can't click on some desktop icons: All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of...
  6. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  7. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  8. hiding desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  9. Double clicking doesn't work on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Double clicking doesn't work on desktop: When I double click an icon on the desktop, nothing seems to happen. However, I can select an icon, and then hit enter, the icon/program/site does work. The same thing happens in Outlook. I double click or single click an item, and it will not display. If I highlight the...
  10. Icons on desktop doubled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop doubled: I have everal icons on my desktop. Some were short cut icons one day I started up my computer and they all doubled. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any idea what happened? 94865