Windows 10: Can't Disable Lock Screen

Discus and support Can't Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue has plagued me since I've transitioned to Windows 8 and up. The Lock Screen feature (primarily ctrl + w) gets in the way of using certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eranthis, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eranthis Win User

Can't Disable Lock Screen

This issue has plagued me since I've transitioned to Windows 8 and up. The Lock Screen feature (primarily ctrl + w) gets in the way of using certain programs. I've tried a few methods, all of which either don't work or stopped working.

Registry Editor

Can't Disable Lock Screen [​IMG]

Local Group Policy Editor

And Winaero Tweaker

Is there any other way to disable this feature? It's the only problem I have with this OS. As I've said before, one of the methods worked fine but I feel that an update might have nullified my changes.

:)

Eranthis, Feb 13, 2016
  2. P92ZZZ Win User

Disable Lock Screen

The lock screen randomly shuts down windows media player, interrupting my music. The other ways that lock screen interferes with my life are problematic, but that one is completely unacceptable.

If I can't disable it, IT IS NOT A FEATURE

P92ZZZ, Feb 13, 2016
  3. 5800 firmware 40.0.005: Animated buttons not working with security-lock on :-(

When you use Exchange sync you can't disable the security lock :-(

Only way is to kill the "autolock" process.

But I can't find any process managers that will work with touch-screen.

LarsErik---01, Feb 13, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi Eranthis,

Have a look at THIS article. Option #2 gives you a Registry option.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Registry, but if you look at trying this method, it might be a good idea to set a Restoration Point first.

Edit:
    It is possible the Winaero Tweaker program might have already made some Registry adjustments for you, but you'll have to see.

Also saw this quote on the same site, however I am only passing this info on, as I've never tested any of it.

5. Eranthis Win User
    Yeah, I believe winaero merely makes the registry option easier to do but as I've said, that method is ineffective.

Eranthis, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Eranthis Win User
    I don't see how any of that would matter. Disabling that feature via Local Security Policy only adds an extra step to the lock screen. On or off, ctrl + w still locks me out.

Eranthis, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

When secure sign-in is enabled, you won't be able to disable the lock screen using the method below to no longer have it show at sign-in.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

CTRL+W isn't related to the lock screen though. Could you please clarify?

When you press CTRL+W in Internet Explorer, it'll close the current tab.

When you press CTRL+W in File Explorer, it'll close the explorer window.

Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  9. Eranthis Win User
    ctrl + w for windows 10 (for me anyways) goes straight to the lock screen (like win + l). A friend mentioned his windows 10 doesn't have this feature so I'm not sure what's causing the problem but I've had it with both windows 8 and windows 10 now.

Eranthis, Feb 14, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't have it do that in Windows 8 or 10 for me either. Do you have a program installed that may have added the keyboard shortcut??

Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  11. Eranthis Win User
    I can't think of any programs that would be causing it.

Eranthis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Disable Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Can't Disable Lock

2. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  3. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  4. cannot disable lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  5. cannot disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  6. Keys disabled and screen locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys disabled and screen locked: Due to covid-19 im working from home. My daughter was playing about with my laptop and shes managed to disable the keys and lock the screen! Ive had a look on google but cant find a solution....can anyone help?...
  7. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  8. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen: Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick. Thank you 63087
  9. Disable the Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...