Windows 10: Can't find WordPad

Discus and support Can't find WordPad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I used Word Pad for creating all docs. Now I can't find it. The same docs are in Office but are formatted different and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ricpicker, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Ricpicker Win User

Can't find WordPad

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I used Word Pad for creating all docs. Now I can't find it. The same docs are in Office but are formatted different and require payment for subscription. Was my Word Pad deleted in the upgrade or can still get to it?

:)

Ricpicker, Aug 9, 2015

2. How to insert hyperlink to notepad in windows 10

HI ΕλένηΔημάκη,

You can't re-open the same chat once it is ended.

To use a link paste it into Wordpad instead.

Start - type in --> Wordpad ...... find at top and click on it.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Wylie-Y Win User
    change or set up a format in Wordpad

How do I change the distance of tabs in Wordpad using Windows 10? I can't find any way to change or set up a format for doing a document.

Wylie-Y, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't find WordPad

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    In my Windows 10 it is in this place...

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"

lx07, Aug 9, 2015
  6. DHolm Win User
    I lost mine also but I just reinstalled from the cd that I bought sometime ago. Might be able to find an old copy of Works 9 at a thrift store.

DHolm, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Ricpicker Win User
    Thanks for the quick response. I found it although the upgrade affected the structure of my docs. I had to rework the one I needed. Windows 7 also allowed me to fill my desktop with more icons than I really needed but Windows 10 made them all too large to fit even changing the view to small icons. They're still bigger than they were on W7. Also the look of my hotmail inbox is too big to show more than a word or two in the subject column. Don't know why everything is so big. It's almost like safe mode.

Ricpicker, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Adela Win User

Can't find WordPad

Hello Brink, if I may intrude a little bit here, I do not have Wordpad in Windows Accessories Windows 10. Only the Notepad. I tried under "Microsoft", under "P", under "Word", etc. and can't find it anywhere. Is there another way of search for me? Thanks ever so much for any help! *Smile

Adela, Apr 13, 2016
  9. Mine is where Brink posted it is
    Windows Accessories
    Click open
    Scroll down and it should be between
    Windows Journal
    XPS Viewer

If you cannot find it do this
    Press Windows key + R

Type: wordpad

Hit Enter

If it opens, just right click it then pin it to your Taskbar.

hTconeM9user, Apr 13, 2016
  10. Adela Win User
    Thanks so much hTconeM9user but I really do not see it there, I don't even see Windows Journal and XPS Viewer. It's a very short list under Windows Accessories. However, I saw a video where they suggested to go to Start, Search, find it and pin it to the start app. I did and I now have it in my start page. *Smile

Adela, Apr 13, 2016
  11. Thanks for letting us know
    Glad you now have it
    Added a bit more to my post also how to get it
    Hope it might help someone else

hTconeM9user, Apr 13, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    That is strange.
    Here is what I have under Windows Accessories:

Can't find WordPad [​IMG]

But at least, you found your wordpad by yourself. Good job.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't find WordPad

1. Can't find WordPad - Similar Threads - Can't find WordPad

2. Wordpad can't choose letter size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad can't choose letter size.: I often use the built in Wordpad for taking notes + recipes so I have a lot of saved documents in rtf. Recently I bought a Dymo label printer and since hooking that up Wordpad keeps Automatically Selecting the paper size to a label size 30252 Address, which makes my regular...
  3. Wordpad can't choose letter size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad can't choose letter size.: I often use the built in Wordpad for taking notes + recipes so I have a lot of saved documents in rtf. Recently I bought a Dymo label printer and since hooking that up Wordpad keeps Automatically Selecting the paper size to a label size 30252 Address, which makes my regular...
  4. WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    WordPad: How do I reset line spacing in wordpad so that my setting will show each time I open a new page instead of the default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad/1613b55e-0610-4288-869e-3387c9a7d562
  5. I can't print from WordPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't print from WordPad: In the past I could write and print using word pad, Now when I hit print the printed pages are empty of script. Second I tried to switch to One Note however have problems starting new One Note. My old one notes are there and I can print but I cant start a new One Note page...
  6. wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wordpad: how to email from Wordpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad/7c57aa0b-adee-4aa0-92bc-abf98683665f"
  7. Wordpad -

Wordpad -: How do I "undelete" some work that was accidentally deleted please ????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad/1fb4fee3-54f1-4682-b584-f37e3b2da41d"
  8. Wordpad

Wordpad: How do I stop Wordpad only reopening an active document when saved. Just want to reopen and mail completed document with no editing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad/a636e129-1c28-4e59-9538-77acb6d973f1"
  9. wordpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    wordpad: How do I change the default font settings in wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wordpad/15108a5d-7d2b-41bf-a1bb-425e1bdab844
  10. Wordpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wordpad: Hi, I was using Wordpad app, but the text that I have typed and saved, disappeared and all the words became blank. It shows that there are 3 pages in the document, but all is blank, it's size is also 10 Kb which should have been approximately the size of my text. Can you...