Windows 10: Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Open and Use All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ant1, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ant1 Win User

Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

How to: Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

How to Open and Use All apps in Windows 10 Start menu

All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into folders with the folder name in the alphabetical list.

Starting with full screen Start.

This tutorial will show you how to open and use All apps in the Start menu to open apps from in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Open All Apps in Start Menu
    1. Open the Start menu *Start, and do full-screen Start[/b] turned on or off.

2. If Full-screen Start is Turned Off
    A) All Apps shows by default on the left side of the Start menu. (see screenshot below)

Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. If Full-screen Start is Turned On
    A) Click/tap on the All apps
    button towards the top left corner on Start. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] View Apps with Scroll Bar in All Apps
    1. Open All apps, and move the scroll bar up and down to view all apps. (see screenshot below)

2. If you like, click/tap on an app to open it.

OPTION THREE [/i] View Apps by Letters in All Apps
    1. Open All apps.

2. Click/tap on any character or letter above the listed apps. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on an available character or letter to jump to that alphabetical order in All apps. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, click/tap on an app to open it.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Expand Open Folders in All Apps

*note A folder in All apps represents a group of shortcuts for a specific installed app or apps included with Windows.

Folder example: Windows Accessories, Windows Administrative Tools, Windows Ease of Access, Windows System
    1. Open All apps.

2. Click/tap on the folder to toggle to expand or close the folder. (see screenshot below)

3. If you like, click/tap on an app or file in the folder to open it.

OPTION FIVE [/i] Open Context Menu of App in All Apps
    1. Open All apps.

2. Right click or press and hold on an app (ex: "Microsoft Edge") listed in All apps, and click/tap on the item you want in its context menu. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ant1, Aug 1, 2015
  2. szerwony Win User

All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Hi. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I can't find many of my apps. For example I have installed word, but I can run it only by finding word file. I can't find word in start menu. Searching also doesn't find it. I have a lot of applications
    with this problem. But Add or Remove Programs shows all my installed programs.

szerwony, Aug 1, 2015
  3. All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Me three. After the upgrade (From Windows 7) , quite a few of the apps that I have are no longer in the "All Apps" list. They are still installed on my machine, just the shortcut is not in the "All Apps" list

Quite annoying.

RomeoDonaldstone, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Not that I'm aware of.

You might see how the free program Classic Shell may work for this for you though.

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Is there a way to delete items in this list?

lafargeotte, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Hi Brink,

The things I want to remove are the MS Stuff (e.g. Calendar, Groove Music) when you click on the All Apps menu.

I can't seem to find that.

lafargeotte, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I wouldn't recommend removing the MS stuff since they are used as the default apps by Windows by default. It could cause unknown issues.

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  9. I don't want to uninstall them, just remove them from the start menu.

lafargeotte, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid the only way to remove Windows apps (aka: modern apps) from All apps is to uninstall them. You just don't want to uninstall those. *Sad

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  11. OK, no problem.

They just clutter up the start menu - I will just use a different start menu.

lafargeotte, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open apps Start

2. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  3. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  4. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot open / use start menu, settings, or other windows apps in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open / use start menu, settings, or other windows apps in windows 10: There were no updates, I simply left my computer on overnight, and when I began to use it again, I am experiencing screen flickering / constant crashing of file explorer, and I am unable to interact with the tool bar, windows button, windows settings they crash as soon as I...
  6. Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.: Right now Windows remembers the monitor that you last shutdown the program in, and when you reopen the app, it reopens it in that same position. HOWEVER, nowadays, I use web apps which all run in a browser. That means I have 4 different browser windows open across 2 or 3...
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390