Windows 10: Can't get in to my new Win10 Home laptop - invalid pin

Discus and support Can't get in to my new Win10 Home laptop - invalid pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Sorry.... new to 10. Where/How do I get to settings icon/and-or screen if I cant login via pin and/or password ? Thanks 28295 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by trinaz, Oct 29, 2015.

1. trinaz Win User

Can't get in to my new Win10 Home laptop - invalid pin

Sorry.... new to 10. Where/How do I get to settings icon/and-or screen if I cant login via pin and/or password ?

Thanks

:)

trinaz, Oct 29, 2015
  2. TRINAZ Win User

New Laptop...cannot get passed signin screen in Win 10 Home

Just received a new laptop with Windows 10 Home installed...for over a week we have not been able to log in:

Pin is not recognized or password is not recognized - have not been able to reset pin and or change/try a new password

Laptop manufacturers tech support says it's a Windows 10 issue...so do scores of internet post on multiple forums/sites

The user has a registered Microsoft account (Passport ?) and it recognizes the laptop but we have tried to get help there but no joy so far...

If I can't login with a pin...and can't login with MS account password...how do I get this never used Win 10 Home laptop to let me use it...can not even get to settings...because we can't even get to Windows !!!

Thanks for any help with this...there must be a solution in Microsoft somewhere ??

TiminAz

TRINAZ, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Started receiving pop-ups from WIDOWS SECURITY claiming an Application needs my PIN to confirm my identity. Is it legit?

I do NOT use HELLO.

It's a brand new HP laptop with Win10-Home that I just bought last week.

The only PIN I use is what in Microsoft's literature they refer to it as the "Windows-10 4 digit PIN Logon", used in place of a password and which ONLY operates this specific laptop.

JimBristow, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Trinaz, *Smile

If this is for a Microsoft account, then you could use OPTION THREE below to reset you password online at Microsoft. If you PC is online, the new password will sync, and you will be able to sign in with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Oct 29, 2015
  5. trinaz Win User
    Hope this is the right forum...we have a brand new Lenovo G50-80 Laptop. Looks great but we can't log on ? I've looked at Binks reset tutorial but there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the sign in screen to get to "settings" (jpg 1)

Now understand I am completely new to 10. Where does the original "pin" come from ? Unfortunately...I did not start this new laptop up the first time so I have no idea what was originally presented on the screen for setup. All I know is neither the pin nor the Microsoft password allows us into the laptop

What's the difference between a Microsoft account and a "local" account as far as passwords go ?

Any ideas on how to reset either whatever 'pin' was assigned by MS...or the MS account password...or if no MS account password...then the local machine account password or pin

Windows 10 home was preinstalled on the laptop...can not find anyway to id the version of 10 ?

reset password/pin probably thru settings but I have no way on the sign in screen I can see that gives me access to settings ?

Thanks so much to anyone that can help !!!

trinaz, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Were you not able to do OPTION THREE on another computer if you're using a Microsoft account (email address)?

Brink, Oct 30, 2015
  7. trinaz Win User
    Yes have reset twice...now it takes the new password but we get the following:

Your device is off line. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.

The internet icon tho says connected at the same time ?

Thanks....

trinaz, Nov 6, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 6, 2015
  9. trinaz Win User
    OK...finally in and connected...something in the wireless setup kept failing...have connected the laptop via Ethernet cable to router and voila...were in !!

Now...how do I fix the wireless problem...where in Win 10 Home can I check and/or reconfigure the wireless setup info for our router and the laptop ?

Thanks...

trinaz, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good news for being able to sign in.

As for the wireless connection, you might see if deleting the wireless profile, and starting over by connecting to the wireless network afterwards to create a new profile may help. Since you are connecting to a router, double check to see if you have MAC filtering enabled or not for the router, and if so, have the laptop allowed to access the router.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get in to my new Win10 Home laptop - invalid pin - Similar Threads - Can't Win10 Home

2. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  3. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  4. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get bluetooth on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get bluetooth on my new laptop.: I recently purchased a new HP 245 G5 laptop with an AMD A6 processor and installed windows 10 to it. Unfortunately, i can't seem to find bluetooth in the settings or device manager. I have tried downloading numerous bluetooth drivers plus driverpack 2019 all in vain. I even...
  6. New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro: I ordered a Dell laptop: XPS 15 7590 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores) 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD 32GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x16G NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Touch IPS 100% AdobeRGB...
  7. Can't change brightness on Win10 Home Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change brightness on Win10 Home Laptop: I think that Intel Iris Plus Graphics is messing with the screen display brightness because the keys don't work but when I uninstall the device it still doesn't allow me to change the brightness it just shows the slider moving I haven't installed any new Win10 updates I just...
  8. Surface PIN invalid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface PIN invalid: I set up my surface only to find when I opened next, the PIN I had selected was invalid. It says to go to settings>accounts>sign in to reset but I cannot get to settings....
  9. Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box: A couple of times in the past week, when I started my Laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400) with Win 10 build 10166, the login screen/page comes up (shows my Picture, name and has a place to enter my PIN) but I can't select the box to enter the PIN. I can move/see the mouse...
  10. Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install on new laptop w/Win10-Home: Hello, Just got a new Lenovo laptop with Win-10 Home to replace my older Win-7Pro laptop. This laptop has a whole bunch of junk software that Lenovo has installed. I was wondering what the best way is: - backup the system so in case I need to, I can reset to...