Windows 10: cant get rescue disk to work

Discus and support cant get rescue disk to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Acer Aspire AXC-704G My neighbour was a victim of ransom-ware. I reformated his hard drive so I could reload Windows 10. When I try to boot either to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. lenberman Win User

cant get rescue disk to work

Acer Aspire AXC-704G
    My neighbour was a victim of ransom-ware. I reformated his hard drive so I could reload Windows 10. When I try to boot either to a Windows rescue disk (that I used successfully before) all that comes up it Acer stuff that will not net me run the media creation tool. All I get is Acer stuff which takes me nowhere useful. I tried to connect another hard drive with a bootable system and I STILL only get the Acer rescue/troubleshoot useless stuff. Is there a way to get the useless ACER rescue stuff off, or somehow get past it and restore the computer.

:)

lenberman, Jan 17, 2017
  2. LinTST Win User

Windows 10 updates keep turning off system restore thus deleting previous restore points!

How on earth does MS stay in business?? The only solution to rescuing a PC from yet another disatrous update crash was to use a rescue disk for system restore. Now you cant even do that. SO.....is the only option to join a class action lawsuit???

I have spent over 20 hours on this ridiculous Windows 10 machine. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinTST, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Js3199 Win User
    Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, Jan 17, 2017
  4. cant get rescue disk to work

You didn't say if you checked this.

Have you checked in BIOS (f2 on that machine to enter setup) and confirmed boot order, setting USB or CD to number one.

You also need to disable secure boot in BIOS until you have things running, can't find manual with full BIOS listing but new machines have this BIOS setting.

See this tutorial on clean install. The Media creator tool to create a USB key only works on Windows 10 machine. If you try on Win 7 machine it says it can't find USB key.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

I also read that to boot UEFI from USB key it should be FAT32. The media creator handles this. If you created key using different process you will have to watch this.

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2017
  5. lenberman Win User
    I changed the boot order and I shut off secure boot, it didn't help. Can I run the media creation tool from a command prompt?

lenberman, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Jan 17, 2017
  7. lenberman Win User
    Thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Len

lenberman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cant get rescue disk to work

1. cant get rescue disk to work - Similar Threads - cant rescue disk

2. Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!: It keeps saying A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive What i tried: 1. i manually formatted my flash drive 2. i used sfc /scannow my flash drive is an sandisk 16gb...
  3. Getting started questions about "all in one" bootable rescue disks

Getting started questions about "all in one" bootable rescue disks: I know that I should be using an "all in one" rescue disk instead of various single-use bootable USBs. Please help me to not fall into the rabbit hole. Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as win-pese? If some program, say Norton Security, creates a rescue disk just for security,...
  4. SOUND KEYBOARD AND CAMERA drivers not working on notebook no rescue disk cant get system...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOUND KEYBOARD AND CAMERA drivers not working on notebook no rescue disk cant get system...: SOUND KEYBOARD AND CAMERA drivers not working on notebook no rescue disk cant get system image to restore windows 10 cant get manufacturers to help...
  5. How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Windows PE based Rescue Disk extends Windows OS recovery functionality, adding free and open-source tools you can use to recover, restore, and analyze your ailing Windows 10 installation. In this post, we will show you how to make a [...] This post How to...
  6. It's necessary create a usb rescue disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    It's necessary create a usb rescue disk?: Hello, I want to know if it is necessary to create a rescue usb disk, in case windows 10 does not boot, if you already have the original windows 10 installation USB, downloaded through the media creator. Sorry for my English and thanks. 140034
  7. Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Rescue Disk: Hello, Does this place have any windows 10 rescue disk or on a usb stick? I want to have a windows 10 plus rescue disk hopefully something free Thanks, P999
  8. Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation: Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a 16gb micro-usb drive which is successfully recognized. Ran 'Create Rescue Disk' from Windows search and checked 'copy system...
  9. Win 10 Rescue disk

Win 10 Rescue disk: I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk? 7496
  10. Help with rescue disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with rescue disk: i have had to restore Win 10 7 times since first install. just updated audio drivers, and lost internet connection, which is what always happens---seems to happen at almost any time it feels like it. Also lost Word and the templates it came with after first restore, When...