Windows 10: Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad

Discus and support Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro, 1809, clean w10 install. I updated the registry with Edwin's code (Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? thread, 25 Jul 2015). All changes made to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmcmillen, Jan 30, 2019.

1. dmcmillen Win User

Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad

Win 10 Pro, 1809, clean w10 install. I updated the registry with Edwin's code (Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? thread, 25 Jul 2015). All changes made to registry, but Windows Photo Viewer is still not an option in default apps (or default apps by file type) so can't change from Photos.

Very frustrating because I made this exact registry update to my Dell Latitude 5285 last year with no problems. WPV was immediately available after the registry changes. Only difference was that the Dell was Win 10 Pro 1803 at the time?? I just upgraded it to 1809 which did not affect WPV. I upgraded the Lenovo from 1709 to 1809 before applying registry changes.

I see Shawn Brink's tutorial (10 Jan 2019) with registry updates similar to the one I used from Edwin. Not sure whether I should delete the updates I applied and then apply Shawn's or what, so I thought I'd get some feedback first.

:)

dmcmillen, Jan 30, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Announces ThinkPad T431s Ultrabook

Lenovo today announced its new ThinkPad, with design enhancements inspired by the results of an extensive global research project. The ThinkPad T431s is the thinnest T series ever featuring a sleek, innovative trackpad, enhanced keyboard and refined aesthetics.

"We obsess over the pursuit of perfection – as evidenced by more than 20 years of Lenovo ThinkPad design and engineering accolades. However, perfection cannot be achieved without a key ingredient: customer insight," said Dilip Bhatia, vice president and general manager, ThinkPad Business Unit. "The ThinkPad T431s is the first device featuring Lenovo's new design, which represents a comprehensive examination of user experience and input."

Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad 37a_thm.jpg

From research to design
    Extending beyond traditional customer interaction, Lenovo conducted extensive research with NetGen, non-ThinkPad users and ThinkPad loyalists around the world, to gather detailed feedback on ThinkPad design. Over nine months and in multiple countries, researchers spent thousands of hours shadowing users in their homes, workplaces and remote locations, observing user behavior and asking questions. The results of this extensive research have directly contributed to the new refined design, which include technological enhancements and innovative upgrades including a new trackpad with click functionality and an incredibly thin display bezel.

ThinkPad gets new look
    The results of Lenovo's research found that respondents prioritize simplicity and modern elements when it comes to their technology. Lenovo designed the new T431s with these priorities in mind to directly enrich the user experience:
    • Streamlined Interior: Lenovo updated the award-winning ThinkPad precision keyboard by improving key placement while maintaining shortcuts for a sleeker-looking keyboard, designing the display with a super thin bezel, and debuting a new Graphite Black color.
    • Enhanced trackpad experience: The new ThinkPad trackpad is an evolution of the TrackPoint and TouchPad featuring a new larger, smooth, responsive, multi-touch glass surface that optimizes Windows 8 gestures, click functionality, and integrates TrackPoint behavior to deliver a customized, improved experience for all users.
    • Thinness, Durability, Reliability: The ThinkPad T431s, the thinnest and lightest T series ever made and the first device incorporating the new design elements, weighs just 3.6 pounds (1.63kg) and measures only 0.82 inches (20.6mm) thin. The carbon fiber top cover and magnesium exterior continue ThinkPad's heritage of business-class rugged design and durability.
    The T431s is powered by Intel 3rd generation Core processors with Turbo Boost, features improved Intel HD Graphics, up to 12 GB of memory and additional HDD and SSD storage options. The T431s has a 14-inch HD+ (1600 x 900) anti-glare display, two USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer. The T431s is also available with Intel vPro for easy device management, supports ThinkPad docking, and provides enhanced security that commercial customers require.

Pricing and Availability
    The ThinkPad T431s will be available in April starting at approximately $949.

btarunr, Jan 30, 2019
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 30, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad - Similar Threads - Can't Photo Viewer

2. How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.92 I am new to Win10. I miss my Windows Photo Viewer from my old Win7. It was a nice simple program for what I need. Is there any way to get that back in my new Win10? 180075
  3. New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops: Lenovo’s latest additions to its ThinkPad portfolio include a completely redesigned X13 and X13 Yoga with 16:10 aspect ratio displays and updated T and L series. The company also introduced a new premium display and refreshed ThinkPad mobile workstations with...
  4. Audio Not Working in Lenovo Thinkpad E14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Not Working in Lenovo Thinkpad E14: Hi I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E14 laptop which is currently running on Windows 10 Home, Version : 20H2 this system is having Dolby Audio feature also. Problem : Speakers are not working in Dolby Audio OFF mode but when i turn ON Dolby Audio then speakers start working....
  5. Built in microphone of my Lenovo ThinkPad L420 is not working

Built in microphone of my Lenovo ThinkPad L420 is not working: Hello, I need help. I am using Lenovo L420 and my built in microphone is not working during videocall and when recording an audio. I check the device manager and its driver is updated. May you please have a look why it is not working>?...
  6. my photo viewer not working - windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my photo viewer not working - windows 10: please help me my photo viewer not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photo-viewer-not-working-windows-10/41511d8f-0d0c-4fd9-a67d-2d461caf7fef
  7. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...
  8. New Lenovo ThinkPad P1 mobile workstation

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo ThinkPad P1 mobile workstation: Lenovo has launched a brand-new addition to its ThinkPad mobile workstation portfolio—the ThinkPad P1. Lenovo’s thinnest, lightest, and sleekest mobile workstation, the ThinkPad P1 gives users the style they want and the performance they need. [ATTACH] No company better...
  9. Photo Viewer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  10. Lenovo Thinkpad 8 - Touch not working

Lenovo Thinkpad 8 - Touch not working: Hi The touch of my Lenovo Thinkpad 8 tablet stopped working after last Windows 10 build update. I'm able to restore the previous instation and then the touch restarts to work, but if I turn off the tablet and turn it on again it stops working. Every time I turn it on I...