Windows 10: Cant get windows to boot without installation media

Discus and support Cant get windows to boot without installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an issue with my dvd rewriter and So i made a install media using another hard drive i had. The install completed and the pc boots fine giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clintonb, Sep 15, 2019.

1. clintonb Win User

Cant get windows to boot without installation media

I had an issue with my dvd rewriter and
    So i made a install media using another hard drive i had. The install completed and the pc boots fine giving options to boot into windows or to run setup.

If i remove the install media drive my computer says there is no boot device present. I formatted the partition i installed on the first attempt and had this issue. I now formatted it again and installed again and the issue persists.

Its almost like its writing the boot record on the install media drive and there is nothing on the actual windows partition.

If i run msconfig it shows 2 entries under boot. The first is c:\windows(current os) and the other is /windows setup. I ran bootrect /bcdrebuild as suggested on a forum. I also rand /fixmbr and /fixboot but fix boot shows access denied. None of the troubleshooters on windows were any help and i am not at my wits end.

:)

clintonb, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Cant get windows to boot without installation media

Installation media boots to command prompt

I do not believe its a keyboard malfunction because same thing happens with usb keyboard. Is that what you mean by external? I tried installing using an external optical drive also but get the same results.

I created a windows 10 x64 installer via microsoft media creation tool. I have used 2 different drives that i know be in working order. I also created a dvd installer via media creation tool as well..
    When i boot to the DVD i see the circles. i didnt notice windows logo but above the circles had the HP logo. before that i get the boot to cd/dvd option.

When installing via the usb installer since i have both x32 and x64 on it i choose the x64 option and then i see the spinning circles but boots to command prompt after that. i dont see anything before that.

I know all my installers are good. I even tried to boot to an official windows 8.1 disc and the same thing happens..

I have reset bios to default. I made sure the secure boot is turned on. I guess i could try turning it off to allow legacy but i know for a fact i do not need to do that with these installers. but i could try. any other thoughts?

carlos28355, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Cant get windows to boot without installation media

1. Cant get windows to boot without installation media - Similar Threads - Cant boot without

2. How to re-install Windows 11 without install media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-install Windows 11 without install media: Consequent to an earlier problem Created August 24, 2022 by VEggertson, the final resolution provided was to reinstall Windows.This earlier problem involved a corrupted administration account and the final instruction was to reinstall Windows. But when I attempted …Windows 11...
  3. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  4. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  5. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. booting a install media

booting a install media: when i ask the bois to boot from the usb it reads the usb then doesn't boot the install media instead it reboots by it selfthen i do the same thing nothing do you know what im doing wrong...
  7. Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.: Title, it just gives me a black screen. Both secure and fast boot are disabled, UEFI only, I did try UEFI+Legacy but that didn't work. I have reflashed multiple times to no avail, my motherboard model is an MSI H170M PRO-VDH and I've got a GTX 1650 and i5 6400 in my system....
  8. Cant boot or install windows

Cant boot or install windows: Hey everyone, long story but I'm stumped. I built my pc about 6 years ago now and have upgraded it a few times but have always used windows 7 and had no problems. But yesterday I experienced a problem where a minute or so after booting windows would stop responding. If I...
  9. Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media: Soo... things have gone from bad to worse. My problem started after windows 10 updated when I shut down my laptop for a quick restart. Windows explorer would crash every second, reopen, then crash again without stopping. I tried a system restore to a restore point about a...
  10. Cant boot windows after install

Cant boot windows after install: So I’m doing a clean install on a new SSD I just bought. The Samsung 850 EVO. I have a USB flash drive that I use to try to install Win 10 and I cannot get it to work. I get to the install screen and when it says it need to reboot it won’t reboot back into the Windows...