Windows 10: Can't install language option.

Discus and support Can't install language option. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] "Something happens and we couldn't install a feature" message appears after clicking on any button of the Language Option. 95853 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ztartennery, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Can't install language option.

Can't install language option. [​IMG]

"Something happens and we couldn't install a feature" message appears after clicking on any button of the Language Option.

:)

ztartennery, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can't install language option.

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by corrupted files or software conflicts that occur when you install or update a program.

To narrow this issue, let us start you computer in clean boot by following the steps from this
    link, then try installing the language again.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Can't install language option.

Still not work after restart

ChengChi Man, Oct 18, 2017
  4. zbook New Member
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I note you've posted this again.

Have you tried to look at any of the info zbook posted?

Please post a screenshot of Settings, System, About like this:

Is yours single language?

Have you previously been able to install language packs on this PC?

What build is your Windows?
    (Windows key + X, winver).

Please post a screenshot of your Update History so we can see if Windows Update is working.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Then Browse to your image, select it and upload it. E.g. png, jpg. Thanks.

With the task manager open, click one of the buttons to download something. Do you see any network activity (right hand column by default)?

If not, you could try this (change in group policy editor setting - if you have PRO - but there is info on how you might do it on Home - a bit technical) as an experiment:
    https://www.askvg.com/fix-cant-insta...s-8-and-later/

dalchina, Oct 22, 2017
  6. Can't install language option. [​IMG]

I have installed language pack of Chinese(traditional, Hong Kong SAR), and English(Hong Kong SAR)

this is my update history:

No any network activity observed(still 0%) after clicking the button

ztartennery, Oct 22, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Will await your answers to the remaining questions.
    Note: if you search for

Something happened and we couldn't install a feature

you will find lots of results- you may find something to help.

dalchina, Oct 22, 2017
  8. Can't install language option.

Just updated my previous reply.
    I have searched for the problem many time, the only solution I found is to turn off the metered connection, but it was already off. So I think it is a problem only on Fall creator update.

ztartennery, Oct 22, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    I have just about managed to read your screenshot and see you are on build 1709, and Windows Updates are successful.

As you will see from researching the error message, this has occurred before.
    However, there are no reports of that error message on this site in the last 3 months.

(I just had a problem downloading the GB display language- but not with that error message. I had to get a language pack an install it manually - but my build is the CU not the FCU - a somewhat different problem)

As you have PRO, you could try the suggested group policy tweak and see if that makes any difference.

Are you using Wifi or ethernet? If the former, can you try the latter - although I doubt that's relevant...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't install language option.

1. Can't install language option. - Similar Threads - Can't install language

2. Can't install language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install language pack: I bought a new computer with the latest Windows Version in February, but cannot add language pack, the download stuck at about 70% completion. Tried many times, result the same....
  3. Can't install language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install language pack: I bought a new computer with the latest Windows Version in February, but cannot add language pack, the download stuck at about 70% completion. Tried many times, result the same....
  4. can't install language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install language pack: language pack for marathi not downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-pack/f69f17c3-d93d-49d6-8c99-bdabea32fadc
  5. can't install language pack

can't install language pack: language pack for marathi not downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-pack/f69f17c3-d93d-49d6-8c99-bdabea32fadc
  6. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  7. Can't install language keyboard

Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  8. Unable to Install a Language Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Install a Language Option: Hi I have installed Indic font and use Windows+Spacebar to regularly switch languages in various applications. Now I see one extra option under US Keyboard Kannada How do I get rid of that. the marked one in the picture [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows10 language option installation problem

Windows10 language option installation problem: Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-language-option-installation-problem/e0774a04-dc0b-4472-aeba-7f8a34c857e7
  10. Can't install additional language

Can't install additional language: Hello there. I'm using a surface book 2 with Window 10. I have trouble installing additional language. It cannot add Basic Typing, Supplemental Fonts, handwriting, speech recognition, optional character recognition. I just need Basic typing to be able to type, but once...