Windows 10: Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

Discus and support Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rwong1104, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Rwong1104 Win User

Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes made via msconfig?

:)

Rwong1104, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Mar 13, 2019
  3. alternate to way to get to safemode options

power down machine. once it’s off, hold down shift key & hit power button. continue holding the shift key til windows starts. you should boot to the regular lockscreen & be able to login.

for alternate start options: press windows key + R. type msconfig & hit enter. on general tab are selective startup options. i wouldn’t suggest diagnostic startup with an active lockscreen.. that’s how i found this string *Wink.

for safemode, i found this nifty deal that describes multiple ways to boot to safemode: http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-way...ode-windows-10

vanityplume, Mar 13, 2019
  4. riqrat Win User

Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

riqrat, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode? - Similar Threads - Can't login Safemode

2. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  3. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  4. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  5. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  6. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...: I used driver verifier and had BSOD a few times trying to boot, and now I can't boot in at all normally. I tried sfc/scannow and it said no integrity violations, I used dism.exe, and I tried using bootrec /fixboot,/fixmbr, and /rebuildbcd from a usb drive, and I don't think...
  7. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...: I used driver verifier and had BSOD a few times trying to boot, and now I can't boot in at all normally. I tried sfc/scannow and it said no integrity violations, I used dism.exe, and I tried using bootrec /fixboot,/fixmbr, and /rebuildbcd from a usb drive, and I don't think...
  8. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode: Hi y'all, I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020. I have been using an external computer screen and everything has been working fine until I was forced to update my computer. Ever since then, my computer cannot get past the HP loading screen. The HP loading screen will...
  10. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log into safe mode with a pin

2. windows safemode cant login

3. how to login using safemode windows 10

4. safe mode login using pin,
  5. safemode will not take pin,
  6. safe mode to use pin,
  7. windows 10 can not login safe mode,
  8. cant login in safe mode i use pin,
  9. Cant log in to safe mode,
  10. unable to use pin in safemode,
  11. use pin in safe mode,