Windows 10: Can't move or download to D:

Discus and support Can't move or download to D: in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time i download something it's just installed in C: even if i choose D: submitted by /u/Azerx7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Azerx7, Jan 13, 2020.

1. /u/Azerx7 Win User

Can't move or download to D:

Every time i download something it's just installed in C: even if i choose D:

submitted by /u/Azerx7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Azerx7, Jan 13, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 13, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 13, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't move or download to D: :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't move or download to D: - Similar Threads - Can't move download

2. How to move app downloads from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move app downloads from C: to D:: I have a Dell with a 256 GB C: drive and a 1T D: using Windows 11.I have been regularly and habitually moving or requiring downlods to be on D:However, I have been getting warnings from WIndows that C: is full. It isHow else can I move things so C: is not always limited in...
  3. How to move app downloads from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move app downloads from C: to D:: I have a Dell with a 256 GB C: drive and a 1T D: using Windows 11.I have been regularly and habitually moving or requiring downlods to be on D:However, I have been getting warnings from WIndows that C: is full. It isHow else can I move things so C: is not always limited in...
  4. Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help

Tried to move Downloads folder to D drive, messed it up, can't move it back now, please help: I wanted to move my user account folders to it, so my documents, downloads, music, pictures, etc. I moved my downloads folder to the root directory instead of to a folder called "downloads," and now my downloads are mixed in with my other folders and it's just messy. I tried...
  5. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...: Hello there.I mistakenly moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads, and made a mess. After a registry fix, the downloads folder now has gone back to C:\Users\User\Downloads, but D:\ is still recognized as a download folder. Here's a screenshot of my computer, and you can...
  6. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...: Hello there.I mistakenly moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads, and made a mess. After a registry fix, the downloads folder now has gone back to C:\Users\User\Downloads, but D:\ is still recognized as a download folder. Here's a screenshot of my computer, and you can...
  7. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

8. Can't move Documents to D:\Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move Documents to D:\Data: When I try to move Document to D:\Data I get:"Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."I've never seen this before and I've been moving at least since Win 10 came out I think since Win 7.Oh it let me...
  9. Moved downloads file to a D: drive file, files merged and can't fix

Moved downloads file to a D: drive file, files merged and can't fix: So i only like having Windows start up and such on my ssd, the res tof my files like documents, music, videos, etc I have in a file on my s drive called D:\teeja However once I moved downloads to here's, I mistakenly didn't make a folder for it, so it merged the folder with...
  10. i accidentally moved my download location to D:/

i accidentally moved my download location to D:/: Please help me, i accidentally moved my downloads folder to D:/ and now my system is showing that my D drive is almost full, but when i open it, there is only 1 file i don't have any file in the downloads before , i moves back the downloads to C, but the D drive is still...