Windows 10: Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

Discus and support Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't seem to play any of my Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail to a different one. Checking into my account all the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DJ_1234, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DJ_1234 Win User

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

I can't seem to play any of my Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail to a different one. Checking into my account all the games and passes that I've bought are still linked, but when I load any of the games to play it closes right after. This has happened with games such as Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Edition.

I am running Windows 10 and at least the first two games worked fine till recently.

:)

DJ_1234, Oct 11, 2018
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

Yeah, pretty much. Add a new outlook.com alias, make that the primary Microsoft Account address, then delete the old email address. It will take a while for it to update on all your devices though (I've had it take about a week or so for it to finally update itself and even then the last time I couldn't be bothered to wait so reset my phone instead of waiting for it to update).

From https://outlook.com/ go to the cog in the top-right, then Options > Aliases: manage or choose a primary

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail [​IMG]

Also, make sure you update your details on all online accounts you have that are using that old email address, because your old email address maybe made available again for someone else to register after 30 days. If they register that address, then they will be able to carry out password resets and gain control of those online accounts that you haven't changed the email address on.

What I'd probably do is set up your new Outlook.com alias and make it the primary address, however keep the old Hotmail account alias for 6 months or so purely for the purpose of seeing what online accounts you have that are still using that old email address (that way you know which online accounts you still need to update your email address on).

So that emails that are sent to your old address are kept separate from your new email address, create a new email folder on Outlook.com (you still can't do this directly in the Windows 10 Mail app), then create a rule so that emails sent to your old address go into their own separate folder.

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail [​IMG]

Here are couple of tutorials:
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/add-or-remove-microsoft-account-aliases.3085/
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-primary-alias-for-microsoft-account.3087/

ARC1020, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Where exactly are you trying to change the Primary e-mail account?
    • Are you trying to change the email address associated with your Microsoft User account in Windows 10?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

changing My primary E-mail Address for My Microsoft Account.Thank You.

Kenneth Louis Albert Galli, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

1. Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail - Similar Threads - Can't play Microsoft

2. Change primary profile e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  3. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  4. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I bought a game in the Microsoft Store and it will not play, it asks for permissions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I bought a game in the Microsoft Store and it will not play, it asks for permissions: I bought a game Sunday in the Microsoft store. The game is named Myst. The game requires permissions but i DON'T understand what that means....
  6. I bought a game in the Microsoft Store and it will not play, it asks for permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I bought a game in the Microsoft Store and it will not play, it asks for permissions: I bought a game Sunday in the Microsoft store. The game is named Myst. The game requires permissions but i DON'T understand what that means....
  7. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...
  8. PC-Gaming: "Profile"-problem - Can't log into games after change of e-mail

PC-Gaming: "Profile"-problem - Can't log into games after change of e-mail: Hi there, I changed my e-mail address and now I can't log into all Microsoft Games anymore. For instance, when I want to start "Forza Horizon 3" the game starts but before I reach the main menu it says "Your Data can't be synchronized with the cloud" and it asks if I want...
  9. Can't Sign into Xbox App or Play Microsoft Store Games After Changing Primary Email

Can't Sign into Xbox App or Play Microsoft Store Games After Changing Primary Email: So, first: I have used the app features before and they have worked perfectly fine before. I wanted to change my primary email on my xbox microsoft account from one that existed on there a really long time ago that was once my dad's email that isn't even used anymore to a...
  10. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought a game on microsoft store but cant play it