Windows 10: Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

Discus and support Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't seem to play any of my Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail to a different one. Checking into my account all the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DJ_1234, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:12 AM.

1. DJ_1234 Win User

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail

I can't seem to play any of my Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail to a different one. Checking into my account all the games and passes that I've bought are still linked, but when I load any of the games to play it closes right after. This has happened with games such as Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Edition.

I am running Windows 10 and at least the first two games worked fine till recently.

:)

2. ARC1020 Win User

Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

Yeah, pretty much. Add a new outlook.com alias, make that the primary Microsoft Account address, then delete the old email address. It will take a while for it to update on all your devices though (I've had it take about a week or so for it to finally update itself and even then the last time I couldn't be bothered to wait so reset my phone instead of waiting for it to update).

From https://outlook.com/ go to the cog in the top-right, then Options > Aliases: manage or choose a primary

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail [​IMG]

Also, make sure you update your details on all online accounts you have that are using that old email address, because your old email address maybe made available again for someone else to register after 30 days. If they register that address, then they will be able to carry out password resets and gain control of those online accounts that you haven't changed the email address on.

What I'd probably do is set up your new Outlook.com alias and make it the primary address, however keep the old Hotmail account alias for 6 months or so purely for the purpose of seeing what online accounts you have that are still using that old email address (that way you know which online accounts you still need to update your email address on).

So that emails that are sent to your old address are kept separate from your new email address, create a new email folder on Outlook.com (you still can't do this directly in the Windows 10 Mail app), then create a rule so that emails sent to your old address go into their own separate folder.

Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail [​IMG]

Here are couple of tutorials:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/42022-microsoft-account-aliases-add-remove.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/42098-microsoft-account-aliases-change-primary-alias.html

3. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User
    Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Where exactly are you trying to change the Primary e-mail account?
    • Are you trying to change the email address associated with your Microsoft User account in Windows 10?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:15 AM
  4. Kenneth Louis Albert Galli Win User

Removing My past primary E-mail address and applying My new Primary E-mail address?

changing My primary E-mail Address for My Microsoft Account.Thank You.

Kenneth Louis Albert Galli, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:15 AM
Thema:

1. Can't play Microsoft store bought games after changing primary e-mail - Similar Threads - Can't play Microsoft

2. can't get e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get e-mail: can't get e-mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/cant-get-e-mail/954839db-b113-48ae-a994-068c7803fa40
  3. "can't get e-mail".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "can't get e-mail".: All my e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail have "can't get e-mail" beside them. I am unable to access them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-get-e-mail/8e3f3e98-fdc7-4fd9-9291-3bdf4fa3c7ed
  4. change format on recieved e mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change format on recieved e mail: how do i chang the format on a download i have recieved... its all symbols ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/change-format-on-recieved-e-mail/82ad4373-d3f6-4a46-9e9d-ffbb22bd88c3
  5. subscription to store bought

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    subscription to store bought: Hi, I have been recently using Office 365, on a monthly subscription. I do not recall if I went through an actual installation. Question is do I need to uninstall before I install office 2016 with the key purchased? Thanks...
  6. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10: Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those...
  7. E-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mails: Cannot open my E-mails. A notice pops up;...……………."Windows Live Mail could not be started. " " " closing. Your calendar...
  8. E-mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-mail: ** This Thread moved to English forum** E-mail from the vessel (African Kingfisher.*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) automatically went to the spam mail box and moved to primary, but automatically went to the spam mail box again. How can solve this problem....
  9. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...
  10. Completely change primary Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Completely change primary Microsoft account: Hi just bought new laptop, and upon installation registered the wrong Microsoft account. It then proceeded to upgrade to Windows 10. Please could anybody tell me how do I remove that initial Microsoft account and replace with different one? Thanks 22210