Windows 10: Can't run .exe

Discus and support Can't run .exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Need help, May 16, 2016.

1. Need help Win User

Can't run .exe

An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message:

xxxx.exe- Application error

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application.

This occurs for any .exe. When I try to Run any download to try to fix it nothing happens after I get the message asking if I want to allow the app to make changes to my PC.

I did did a scan of the computer and no viruses were detected.

Any advice?

:)

Need help, May 16, 2016
  2. Schism082 Win User

Can't run exe file

Hello, I am trying to run an exe file I downloaded. When I click the exe I downloaded, it loads a little and then nothing happens. All other exe files work. I tried FixExec, and Microsoft's FixIt. They run and say they fixed the exe files but my exe won't
    run. How do I get my program to run?

Schism082, May 16, 2016
  3. Schism082 Win User
    Can't run exe file

Hi, me again. In case anyone's wondering I just realized I have two questions on the same topic. Also, the exe I'm trying to open and install is an old version of Metasploit (penetration testing.) I got it from a website that does custom tasks involving
    computers (java, etc...) sfc didn't change anything. My exe still doesn't run. I might talk to geek squad. Any other ways to open my file? Thanks for the help!

Schism082, May 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't run .exe

Suggestions only :

1. Do a system restore. Pick a date BEFORE the AVG update was installed as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

If that works, try if you can avoid installing the update in question.

2. Uninstall AVG and find something that is less intrusive.

Personally, since Windows 10 Technical Preview, all I use is the built-in Windows Defender as my Real Time Protection, and a free version of Malwarebytes as my On-Demand Protection.
    I have not had any security issues.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Can't run .exe

1. Can't run .exe - Similar Threads - Can't run exe

2. Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder: Hello community, How to open an .exe file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?I successfully accessed the folder after making some research on how to do it. I can even edit the folders in it now. But I can't run .exe files, it says I don't have the following:SharedLibrary.dll...
  3. Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder: Hello community, How to open an .exe file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?I successfully accessed the folder after making some research on how to do it. I can even edit the folders in it now. But I can't run .exe files, it says I don't have the following:SharedLibrary.dll...
  4. I can't run a .exe on the windows 11 sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run a .exe on the windows 11 sandbox: So I want to test an .exe to see if it's a virus or if the program really works. So I run Windows Sandbox on Windows 11 and download the .exe but when I run it I have this https://prnt.sc/a-3rMVDmYRAH and when I click yes nothing happens and after that, i found out that i...
  5. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  6. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  7. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  8. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  9. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  10. Can't run any .exe after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041