Windows 10: Can't see ProgramData folder

Discus and support Can't see ProgramData folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. bobland Win User

Can't see ProgramData folder

The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed?

:)

bobland, Dec 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Family Safety problem

Jasmine,

The C:\ProgramData folder is there, you just can't see it. Click the "View" tab in Windows Explorer and check the box next to "Hidden Items" and you will be able to see it.

Paul

PaulBijhouwer, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Need to make ProgramData visible

I specifically stated that: "The problem isn't that I can't see the folder or that I need to show hidden files in the view of the file explorer, but I actually need to make that specific folder not hidden.". So no, that isn't my problem. I can enter, see
    or do anything else with that folder I could normally do.

The problem is that I need to link some specific data in that folder with an Third party program. It does so via a GUI which it seems doesn't detect the files which have the hidden attribute true, and there is no input for an adress/path bar. So, what I really
    need to do is change the hidden atributte of the ProgramData folder to false, so the program can "see" the folder. The thing is that it is an older soundbank of almost 250GB, that during the instalation makes some system dependecies and the default instalation
    folder for Windows 10 is ProgramData (probably because of some system reference) so I can't manualy move it out of the ProgramData, but I would rather need to install it all over again, which I would rather not as it would take me another 3 hours or so.

jaffakeks9, Dec 22, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello bobland, *Smile

ProgramData is a hidden system folder, and is not displayed by default.

If you like, you can type %ProgramData% in Run (Win+R) or the address bar of File Explorer and press Enter to quickly open it.

Brink, Dec 22, 2015
  6. bobland Win User
    I have a number of programs that install to this directory by default...Ableton Live, as an example plus all of my NVidia drivers among others.

I used the included link to allow viewing of this folder.
    Thanks to all for the quick response and solvable solution.

bobland, Dec 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Dec 22, 2015
  8. Can't see ProgramData folder

I understand this is a solved thread, but this solution works only for the first Administrator account created. On a second Administrator User Account, ProgramData still does not show up. Similar to OP, I have several programs installed there that I want to be accessed by several Users. Thanks.

bdumaguina, Aug 30, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    You have to repeat the process for each user.

Alternatively you could make a shortcut for each of the programs you have installed in %programdata% and put it in %programfiles% which is visible to all users by default.

lx07, Sep 3, 2016
  10. where is my disk1.cab folder?

tjblanchard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't see ProgramData folder - Similar Threads - Can't ProgramData folder

2. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to hide the ProgramData folder: I had to unhide the ProgramData folder while attempting to solve an issue, but it turned out to be something else entirely, so now I'm trying to rehide it. However, after going into the properties menu, clicking on the 'hidden' box and pressing apply, nothing changes. It acts...
  3. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hide the ProgramData folder: I had to unhide the ProgramData folder while attempting to solve an issue, but it turned out to be something else entirely, so now I'm trying to rehide it. However, after going into the properties menu, clicking on the 'hidden' box and pressing apply, nothing changes. It acts...
  4. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  6. is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?: Noticed this folder pop up and I'm not sure what its from the only thing I could think is of its from the last windows update since I think it was created on the same day. submitted by /u/nalaiio [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...
  8. What is the ProgramData folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is the ProgramData folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 creates a number of system files and folders to support the running of the operating system. The ProgramData folder is one of those important system folders. It contains all the data for Windows classic and UWP applications. It [...] This post...
  9. ProgramData folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ProgramData folder in Windows 10: I am moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a program Jewelry Designer Manager that I use. I have moved the program to Windows 10 and it works fine. However, I also use the data from it with Access. Since Windows 10 has decided to hide the ProgramData folder...
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see programdata folder

2. how to get to programdata

3. programdata path

4. where is program data folder,
  5. where is program data folder windows 10,
  6. program data path,
  7. programdata missing windows 10,
  8. ProgramData\WORDsearch\Global Data,
  9. cant view programdata directory,
  10. cant see ProgramData,
  11. Could not create folder path for user account unlock file: C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Global Data\Users\\nfrederickBigelow\CloudUnlocks.json.