Windows 10: Can't seem to connect some apps

Discus and support Can't seem to connect some apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK thanks will check that in the AM as 9:30 here but exhausted between this and running the car back and forth for checks as had to have break fluid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave1776, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Can't seem to connect some apps

OK thanks will check that in the AM as 9:30 here but exhausted between this and running the car back and forth for checks as had to have break fluid changed also but had schedule that for later in the day do to things so spent part of it going back and forth to dealer HA HA *Sleepy

Dave1776, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Dave1776 Win User

Hi All

Not even sure where to begin looking.

I have sort of had an issue where some of my apps won't connect such as weather channel app or Internet explorer won't load page (Firefox never had an issue only IE) I also noticed that Skype would not connect and I play World of Warships and the clan page in game would not load and also I use Discord for voice chat with friends while we play and that refuses to connect.

I notice alot of this happens when I get an update to windows I seem to also be having a proxy forced on IE. I thought it might have been the update but when I scanned my system using ADWCLEANER it came back with some issues that I let it clean and after that things worked fine again.

Then few weeks ago this started again this time ADWCLEANER found nothing so after digging around another site suggested Malwarebytes so I tried that and that came back with issues related to proxy which I knew was again being forced on me so I cleaned that out and was working fine again (Note this second time I had same issues with the same apps not connecting. But I got it cleaned again.

Then just now I have seen this starting again but different this time. This time no proxy is being forced on me like before. I also noticed this time weather channel loads fine and also IE is loading just fine. This time around what isn't loading is DISCORD, SKYPE, WORLD OF WARSHIPS CLAN PAGE. I also did a scan with both the above programs and I have been running Norton's through out all this and this time everything reports back nothing wrong.

So at this point I am at a loss being no proxy seems to be involved and not all the same apps are being effected.

I also ran the network troubleshooter and it returned back that nothing was wrong.

So what might be causing this issue where it is effecting my voice communications programs as well as the clan page in WOWS?

Being I am close to replacing this laptop I hate to have to redo it all just for the same of a month or so unless no choice.

Thoughts?

Thanks

:)

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  3. maps 3.04 connection problems

I came across a weird problem with online connection..

I use a Nokia X6 (16GB) + external bluetooth GPS receiver for faster and more accurate positioning.

When I open MAPS and I have bluetooth GPS ON it's impossible to connect to online services like weather, michelin, OVI placemarks sync..

It seems the app can't handle a BT and WiFi connection at the same time.. Most of the time it can't connect and some times ti crashes..

If I turn BT GPS OFF then connection is normal..

nikant---01, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Pepz---01 Win User

N900 WIFI connection problem!

Ok so I just got the phone and I want to connect to the internet via wifi. I tried to go on but it can't seem to find my wireless modem. Can someone please help me? I really want to download some apps for it! Thanks!

Pepz---01, Apr 22, 2018
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Can you post your ADWCleaner and MBAM logs here so we can see what the problems were? Might give a clue what you're dealing with now.
    You might also want to reset all your browsers (all of them - not just the ones you use). Also, if you login to browsers and sync, turn that off - it can bring back the same problems. Plus, check your add-ons/extensions: make sure they're all legit.

simrick, Apr 22, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately, that's not the right one for ADWCleaner.
    You should have in C:\AdwCleaner folder, files from the cleaning named like this:

Can't seem to connect some apps [​IMG]

The first one you ran should have the details of what it found for me to see.

Also, in MBAM, you always want to go into settings and tick the box to scan for Rootkits. For some reason they leave that unchecked by default.

simrick, Apr 22, 2018
  7. Dave1776 Win User
    Redoing the other scan now with box turned on will post the results when done

This was the first scan I did it came back with the items in bold I cleaned it and it came back then and also in all scans since as clean though MALWAREBYTES did return some issues yesterday which again came back as cleaned

ADWCLEANER

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Dave1776 Win User

While I am waiting for that the scan for rootkits is green check marked and so far no threats found

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  9. Dave1776 Win User
    Malwarebyte

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  10. simrick Win User
    Okay thanks. Sorry, I got side tracked for a bit.
    So, ADWCleaner log picked up Pogo and iwin games, and that Browse-to-save adware extension/toolbar.
    So, nothing major here, but you will need to reset all your browsers to get rid of the adware.
    reset Edge
    Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    reset all other browsers
    How to Reset Your Web Browser To Its Default Settings

Keep in mind, it hooks into every browser it can, so even if you don't normally use them all, they ALL need to be reset.

The reset in IE should take care of the problems you're seeing, but just in case, make sure all Security settings in IE are at Default, and check LAN Settings also:

This is how it should look after a reset.

Do not login to your browser and sync settings until you are sure everything is resolved. Then, if you login and it returns after a sync, you know what happened.

Then flush your DNS. Open an admin command prompt and enter
    Code: ipconfig /flushdns[/quote] That should do it.

simrick, Apr 22, 2018
  11. simrick Win User
    One more thing:
    You've given me a Scan log from ADWCleaner, and not a Cleaning log

A cleaning log will be as I showed before

See the [C1], [C2], [C3]? You're giving me the [S0] which is the initial Scan, not the cleaning. You did run the Cleaning after running the scan, right? It forced a reboot to clean everything right?

simrick, Apr 22, 2018
  12. Dave1776 Win User
    before I do anything what does reset do? Is that going to put it back to install specs meaning like it was just installed?

Secondly if I back up my firefox items like profiles and then put them back when firefox is reset will this put back what we are trying to remove?

just asking as I would prefer not to lose anything if possible.

I know with firefox I can back up my passwords and such is it safe to back those up at least or.... same with bookmarks??

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  13. Dave1776 Win User

No what I sent above is titled AdwCleaner[S0].txt

Here it is again just in case I sent wrong thing but that i what I sent above pretty sure

WRONG FILE EDITED OUT

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
  14. simrick Win User
    Yeah, you're giving ,me the [S0] which is the initial scan log.
    EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    I need the initial CLEANING log, which will be C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - see the difference?
    Did ADWCleaner reboot the system to clean everything out?

simrick, Apr 22, 2018
  15. Dave1776 Win User
    I just realized what you meant sorry here is the C0 file info

AdwCleaner[C0].txt

Dave1776, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't seem to connect some apps - Similar Threads - Can't seem connect

2. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  3. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  4. Can't seem to access some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to access some games: Hi! Some games on Xbox App for windows won't open because the App does not have the permission. I have tried changing permissions but nothing worked. I'm having this problem currently with Minecraft Windows Edition where it says its unable to locate the game. However its...
  5. Can't seem to access some games

Can't seem to access some games: Hi! Some games on Xbox App for windows won't open because the App does not have the permission. I have tried changing permissions but nothing worked. I'm having this problem currently with Minecraft Windows Edition where it says its unable to locate the game. However its...
  6. can't type in some apps

can't type in some apps: can't type in some default windows applications such as music groove, windows search, file explorer and even feedback, but i still can type for my password. I want to know what is the problem with my windows 11 even though I have the latest update for windows 11 and my...
  7. Some Apps can't be connected to the internet .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Apps can't be connected to the internet .: When I try to open MS Store, cortana, weather , MS news, Feedback hub, get help and other apps from ms store they show me messages like "We are having trouble signing you in" , "an unknown error occurred" , try that again etc.But my pc is connected to the internet . I can use...
  8. Some Apps can't be connected to the internet .

Some Apps can't be connected to the internet .: When I try to open MS Store, cortana, weather , MS news, Feedback hub, get help and other apps from ms store they show me messages like "We are having trouble signing you in" , "an unknown error occurred" , try that again etc.But my pc is connected to the internet . I can use...
  9. Some Apps can't be connected to the internet .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I can't seem to find an app for that

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't seem to find an app for that: Hi, I'm trying to find an app that autamatically displays screenshot that I've taken in less than 1 second after they've been taken. It can autamatically paste it to paint or display it in photos app it just has be very quick. An open source solution would be muchly...