Windows 10: cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

Discus and support cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i cant sign in to any modern windows 10 whenever i try the signing in a square pops up and disappears (crashing). like if i sign in to xbox app it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, Feb 17, 2017.

1. cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

i cant sign in to any modern windows 10 whenever i try the signing in a square pops up and disappears (crashing).
    like if i sign in to xbox app it just flicker and closes.and if i try to sign in through the windows 10 settings the same thing happens. i have already reset all modern apps and reinstalled them and cleared the cache and still nothing.

:)

xdarkmario, Feb 17, 2017

2. All modern UI apps, including action center, settings, Windows 10 start, NOT WORKING!

This doesnt fix the issue Im still stuck without any modern UI apps and no start menu.

Even tried creating a new user but I cant because when I click to create a user the window pops up for a millisecond and closes, which Im guessing is part of the whole modern UI issue.

samuelaviv, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Can't sign in for store in win10

Hi

Whenever i tried to open sign in option at store the pop up blinks and dissappers... I cant sign in and download any apps. What should i do

SUPREETMURNAL, Feb 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

Hi, have you already done this?
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10
    Not sure what this means... I assume you mean you can't sign in to universal apps such as Mail, Xbox... I don't know what else needs you to sign in to... most don't.

dalchina, Feb 17, 2017
  5. I have the same thing happening, when I have network services stopped. Try to start them, plus disable/enable network adapter, otherwise you might get a message: "You will need internet for this."

https://i.gyazo.com/ffadb640752dbf72...150d412864.gif

sc config Dhcp start= auto
    sc config netprofm start= auto
    sc config NlaSvc start= auto
    sc config nsi start= auto
    sc config wuauserv start= auto
    net start nsi
    net start NlaSvc
    net start Dhcp
    net start BITS
    net start wuauserv

TairikuOkami, Feb 17, 2017
  6. yea and none of that worked.

xdarkmario, Feb 18, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    You could try making another account and see if that works. That will tell you if your profile is corrupted or the apps.

8. cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

Logging in a second account. Guess my profile is corrupted

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

1. cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing) - Similar Threads - cant sign modern

2. Pop up during Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up during Sign In: How to get rid of the Pop up on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-during-sign-in/307a89b3-084a-4cb7-a3bf-d8aaf5b09e1b
  3. Pop up during Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up during Sign In: How to get rid of the Pop up on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-during-sign-in/307a89b3-084a-4cb7-a3bf-d8aaf5b09e1b
  4. I cant sign into Xbox on Modern combat 5..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant sign into Xbox on Modern combat 5..: I cant sign into Xbox on modern combat 5 which has all my data to the game, it only says sign into windows and I don't have any game data on windows a all, I don't know if it has to be with the new update or whatever but its highkey annoying asf, I just wanna get my data and...
  5. modern apps crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    modern apps crashing: Do you have an approach that typically resolves the issue of modern apps (store, photos, etc.) crashing instantly? start menu and settings still work. reregistering affected appx packages, sfc, and typical dism commands do not typically resolve the issue for me. this issue...
  6. Microsoft pop-up to Sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft pop-up to Sign in.: The company where I used to work at, used Outlook 365. After I quit my job, the account was deleted. But I was signed in from my home computer too. Now everytime I start my PC, or when my internet disconnects or reconnects, the pop up shows. Saying - Sign in. Tell us which...
  7. Google Sign In Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Sign In Pop Up: No changes made to my system recently, but all of a sudden I'm getting a Google Sign In Pop Up. First pop up box: Sign in with your Google Account (username), which takes you to a similar box for Password, which if entered takes you to a box with a weird choice, something...
  8. Modern APPs auto crashing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modern APPs auto crashing?: Since last update, all apps downloaded from Windows store now tend to auto close as I leave the UI for a short time. All of them..... Quite annoying. Anyone having this?...
  9. IE Pop ups and crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE Pop ups and crashing: I am trying to help a friend that is having problems with the IE 11 and she is running Windows 10 64bit home 1607. The IE explorer tries to open the home page, msn.com and then IE keeps asking if it should allow pop ups. It does not matter what you click or how many times you...
  10. Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error: Can someone tell what the powershell errors means? when i put this commend ((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode i get...