Windows 10: Can't the UAC remember which I apps I run all the time

Discus and support Can't the UAC remember which I apps I run all the time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to click on my shortcut and fire up Ninja Trader without having to click run as Administrator, which I am, and without clicking yes to the UAC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill413, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Bill413 Win User

Can't the UAC remember which I apps I run all the time

I want to click on my shortcut and fire up Ninja Trader without having to click run as Administrator, which I am, and without clicking yes to the UAC pop up window.

How can I change a shortcut permission to open without jumping through all these hoops?

Even though it says I'm the Admin, do I need to go to the Elevated Admin to do simple things like saving a Power & Save setting, which I can't do currently?

thanks, I know these are really basic questions, I wish someone would answer them.

:)

Bill413, Oct 23, 2015

2. I run window defender all the time but it never catches anything. Is there something wrong?

Emma,

Take a look at this thread...

<<Is my Windows defender Working Properly?>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Emma00015 Win User
    I run window defender all the time but it never catches anything. Is there something wrong?

I'm not sure defender is working properly. It never shows that it has found or removed a threat

Emma00015, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Bill413 Win User

Can't the UAC remember which I apps I run all the time and are trusted?
    I seem to remember an option of saying this app is ok don't ask me again.
    How do I do I set an app that I run every day.

Bill413, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
  6. Bill413 Win User
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    This appears to be a global change to the UAC effectively disabling it.
    It seems like it's a good idea to be protected from programs that make changes to my PC, so I'm not in favor of getting rid of it altogether.

Bill413, Oct 23, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    You can use the task scheduler to suppress UAC prompts for certain programs. Here is a guide.

altae, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Fafhrd Win User

No (with the user-defined exceptions detailed above) - because it might be some rogue program that is pretending to be you, about to do something unpleasant to your system - that's why your User Account Control asks you to OK it in an interactive way.

Fafhrd, Oct 23, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't the UAC remember which I apps I run all the time - Similar Threads - Can't UAC remember

2. "This app can't run on your pc", I don't know which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This app can't run on your pc", I don't know which app?: Dear all,Past few months my computer keeps giving the message this app can' run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher.Honestly I have no idea which app is causing this since it never happens when I try to open something. Once I log in on...
  3. "This app can't run on your pc", I don't know which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This app can't run on your pc", I don't know which app?: Dear all,Past few months my computer keeps giving the message this app can' run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher.Honestly I have no idea which app is causing this since it never happens when I try to open something. Once I log in on...
  4. "This app can't run on your pc", I don't know which app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can't remember the pin I chose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remember the pin I chose.: Hi. I just bought an HP Pavillion All in One. I can't remember the pin I chose. How can I change the pin to one I can remember? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-the-pin-i-chose/fdee3b5e-9bb9-467b-a096-8d30f01db927
  6. I can't remember the pin I chose.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remember the pin I chose.: Hi. I just bought an HP Pavillion All in One. I can't remember the pin I chose. How can I change the pin to one I can remember? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-the-pin-i-chose/fdee3b5e-9bb9-467b-a096-8d30f01db927
  7. I can't remember it ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't remember it ?: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I have a bunch of pictures.running as a slideshow,on my desktop.On the settings page. I have it set-up,to change the pictures as fast as possible.But, in the registry.You can make changes, so the slideshow.Changes pictures, as...
  8. Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield

Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  9. Apps with UAC Shield Can't Run

Apps with UAC Shield Can't Run: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  10. Sold computer and I can't remember if I wiped all the files or not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sold computer and I can't remember if I wiped all the files or not: So I finally sold my old prebuilt (windows 10) to move on to build my own computer today. I was happy to get rid of it and get the money, until I realized I didn't check to see if my files were erased completely before I sold it. Now I am lowkey freaking out I can't lie. So...