Windows 10: Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC.

Discus and support Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is so frustrating, adaptive brightness has turned itself on recently and it will not turn back off. I have tried commands in cmd, looking through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oliver1202, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC.

This is so frustrating, adaptive brightness has turned itself on recently and it will not turn back off.

I have tried commands in cmd, looking through settings and power plan options (despite being on PC).

If anyone can help please do, it so frustrating.

submitted by /u/oliver1202
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oliver1202, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Paul Black, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Logan-0 Win User
    How to turn off adaptive brightness?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago.

The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked.

• I've updated the graphics driver
    • rolled back said driver
    • tried looking in the BIOS (which there are no brightness settings anyway)
    • restarted the laptop
    • shut down and turned on the laptop
    • gone into power settings and turned off adaptive brightness On Battery and Plugged In
    • tried downloading a new graphics driver
    • looked into windows settings with no checkmark to disable adaptive brightness
    • turned on high video performance
    • tried to find Adaptive Brightness in services and disable it (it didn't seem to exist)
    almost everything I've seen but none have helped. the laptop is for work and entertainment and I'd like to use it at full brightness most of the time, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Logan-0, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC.

I can't Turn on the Adaptive Brightness

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with adaptive brightness on the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which updates were installed recently?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Based on the feedback about a specific case where a display can become brighter when transitioning from a battery charger to battery power for 19H1, the display brightness behavior was modified so that this can no longer happen. If a person adjusts
    their display brightness, that brightness will now be remembered as their preferred brightness whether they are on battery or connected to a charger. This new behavior results in a more consistent and battery friendly experience. This does not affect battery
    saver mode settings; if a person has opted into lowering the screen brightness in battery saver mode, their display will still dim when the battery is below the threshold selected.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try enabling the adaptive brightness through power options.

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control powercfg.cpl,,3 and click on
      OK.
    3. Now, select the active power plan from the drop down.
    4. Expand Display, and expand Enable adaptive brightness and select the Setting to
      On.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2:

Try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

In addition, you can refer the article
    Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC.

1. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on my PC. - Similar Threads - Can't turn off

2. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  3. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  4. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can not turn off adaptive brightness: PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379. I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the...
  6. Help turning off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help turning off adaptive brightness: I'm aware that there are tons of posts regarding this on the subreddit, and I have looked through them all and I have not found anything that works. Most of the tutorials I have followed online have been from several years ago and often times, the settings they change don't...
  7. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  8. Help! I can't turn off adaptive brightness!

Help! I can't turn off adaptive brightness!: So I have an HP pavilion 2 in 1 llaptop, and everytime i unplug it, the brightness goes down, IT WONT LET ME TURN THAT OFF! ive tried it in settings, control panel, intel control center, everything! is it just not an option on this laptop to turn it off or sum? submitted by...
  9. Can’t turn off adaptive brightness

Can’t turn off adaptive brightness: The feature is not in my display settings nor under display in power options. I have installed all the latest drives for both my gta 1070 and asus vg27wq submitted by /u/Bergfinn-al-Duri [link] [comments]...
  10. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....