Windows 10: Can't type in Edge

Discus and support Can't type in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having trouble with my Chrome browser, so I uninstalled it and opened Edge to download installer to reinstall and I can't type in Edge. Everything... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nikilet, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

Can't type in Edge

Having trouble with my Chrome browser, so I uninstalled it and opened Edge to download installer to reinstall and I can't type in Edge. Everything seems to work fine. I can click on any link and it will open right up but I can not type in the address bar or search box.

:)

Nikilet, Mar 17, 2018

2. pdf forms and EDGE

can't type in edge

helenenewman, Mar 17, 2018
  3. rajrr62 Win User
    typing in microsoft products

Since i can't type in Cortana can't find a search window can't type in Edge,can't ,can't ,can't ,can't ,can't what the **** do we need microsoft anymore there are others If i can find somthing to type in i will check that out.Thanks for nothing thats what
    i got,nothing!

rajrr62, Mar 17, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Can't type in Edge

Could be, that you lock out keyboard - don't know about Toshiba, but HP has a key above touchpad..

Also, could be you activated tablet mode.
    tenforums turn-off-tablet-mode

AndreTen, Mar 17, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Can you copy and paste into edge?

Samuria, Mar 17, 2018
  6. Nikilet Win User
    Tablet mode is not on.
    Yes, I can copy and paste in Edge.
    I don't know what you mean about the "lock out keyboard" statement. I don't use my touchpad. I prefer the keyboard and that's what I use.
    T

Nikilet, Mar 17, 2018
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Sorry, please disregard that comment. It's for locking touchpad. I should read your description more carefully.

Is you keyboard working in other apps (i.e. notepad?), or is it Edge exclusively?

AndreTen, Mar 17, 2018
  8. Nikilet Win User

Can't type in Edge

As far as I know, only Edge.

Nikilet, Mar 18, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Do you have any crash reports for Edge in Reliability history? For checking it, click Start and type reliability, it should appear.

also check this:
    - sfc /scannow (in admin command prompt) returns any errors?
    - any special programs you're running .Search returns that "parallels" users have this problems (have no idea what that software is) it's working for them to bring up language bar solve the problem (ruin ctfmon.exe)

AndreTen, Mar 18, 2018
  11. Nikilet Win User
    Reset did not help.
    I don't think I'm running any special programs, but did not understand the rest of what you said. Are you telling me to bring up a language bar?
    I've already run the sfc /scannow and no integrity errors found.
    I get nothing when I type reliability into the start box.

Nikilet, Mar 18, 2018
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Yes, bringing up the language bar helps some users with similar problem.

Reliability history is in Control panel / Security and maintenance.
    I get this, when searching in Start:

May bring up useful information about what is happening:

AndreTen, Mar 18, 2018
  13. Nikilet Win User

Can't type in Edge

Yes, I remember using this tool all the time in Windows 7, but I can't seem to find it in Windows 10. I'll look again.

OK, I found it but it didn't really tell me anything that I can use to figure things out.

Nikilet, Mar 18, 2018
  14. AndreTen Win User
    No entries about Edge misbehaving? Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Do you have all the updates? Latest is ver 1709. build 16299.309 (Winver will show you).

My version of Edge (in Edge find settings and scroll down to bottom)

Can't type in Edge [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 18, 2018
  15. Nikilet Win User
    Windows 10 Home, and yes, I have the latest build.
    No, there was nothing in there about Edge misbehaving.
    I've been having problems since the 3/2018 Windows Update so there are other things going on too. I'm working with another post on this forum about that. I'm thinking about doing a Repair install.

Nikilet, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't type in Edge

1. Can't type in Edge - Similar Threads - Can't type Edge

2. can't type in korean in edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type in korean in edge: I changed the language to korean and installed all the features including speech. I also switched the touch keyboard to Korean Microsoft Old Hangul but I can't get my computer to type in Korean in Edge. The websites are in Korean, but when I try to type it comes out in...
  3. can't type in korean in edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type in korean in edge: I changed the language to korean and installed all the features including speech. I also switched the touch keyboard to Korean Microsoft Old Hangul but I can't get my computer to type in Korean in Edge. The websites are in Korean, but when I try to type it comes out in...
  4. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  5. Can't set Edge to be a default .URL file type opener. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't set Edge to be a default .URL file type opener. Please help: [ATTACH] I am suddenly not able to open .URL files with Edge. Does anyone know the reason why? I can't find the option to select Edge here nor in the settings. The one on the left was one I made a few days ago and it works fine, but the one on the right doesn't work....
  6. Unable to type posts using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to type posts using Edge: I am typing this up using a different browser. Does TenForums support using Edge browser? Because I cannot even type on the message box to post messages or replies at all in the message body field box using Edge. Seems like TenForums does not support Edge.Maybe its because I...
  7. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  8. default file types opened by Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    default file types opened by Edge: Why can't I open .mht files with Edge? I am forced to set up and use Internet Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/default-file-types-opened-by-edge/0e35b310-565f-4cf1-93c7-4f133147659b
  9. Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122: Hi there same problem with EDGE (the new browser) - can't access localhost type of addresses. I use several media servers with Web interface for controls etc. Get around - use loopback adapter -- but why should I -- Chrome / FF / IE all work still). I don't want to...
  10. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video: I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and vob very well. How can I fix it ? 16790