Windows 10: Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar

Discus and support Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright, question for you. I can't type anything into the Windows 10 Game Bar. I can type into the search bar at the start menu though. If I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rubbyduckier, May 19, 2020.

1. Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar

Alright, question for you.

I can't type anything into the Windows 10 Game Bar. I can type into the search bar at the start menu though.

If I use the Run command and go to C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe I can make it work once. Once I close out it no longer works anymore.

If I go directly to the file and run it, either normal or as administrator, it doesn't work.

I tried setting up a scheduled task to run it every time I login, but I couldn't get that to work either. I am researching it as if I can't type into the search bar, because I can't find any other people who have this problem.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/rubbyduckier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rubbyduckier, May 19, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 19, 2020
  4. Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar

1. Can't type into Windows 10 Game Bar - Similar Threads - Can't type Game

2. Can't type in Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows Search Bar: I just loaded a new Windows 10 update and now I can't type in the Windows Search Bar or Start button. What do I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search-bar/d2047aaa-0e2d-4a88-b446-29c55fdb7de1
  3. Can't type in Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Windows Search Bar: I just loaded a new Windows 10 update and now I can't type in the Windows Search Bar or Start button. What do I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search-bar/d2047aaa-0e2d-4a88-b446-29c55fdb7de1
  4. Can't type in Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  7. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Cortana
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  8. Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar: I try these video methods on youtube and none of these works when I restart my computer. Can you help me please? thank you this is youtube link description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI with more than 700,000 viewers...
  9. Can't type in Windows Search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows Search bar: Hello, I just realized when I run ctfmon.exe as administrator then it works, If I don't click on ctfmon.exe as administrator then it doesn't work. Else each restart of computer I had to run ctfmon.exe as administrator. Why doesn't it start by it self? Sorry, my English not...
  10. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant type into windows search bar