Can't unpin items from the taskbar

Discus and support Can't unpin items from the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by usmc362, Jul 19, 2015.

1. usmc362 Win User

I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240.

:)

usmc362, Jul 19, 2015
  2. theoriginalrocknrobin Win User

unpinning from taskbar

I've read that right clicking on an icon then choosing unpin can unpin items from the taskbar, but I can't right click. what else can I do?

theoriginalrocknrobin, Jul 19, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    task bar

Hi Larry, right click the item and choose 'Unpin from Taskbar'

DaveM121, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello usmc,

Do you have the "Unpin the program from taskbar" context menu item?

If so, and it just doesn't work, then you could use the tutorial below to reset and clear all pinned apps on your taskbar. Afterwards, you can pin what you like back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  5. usmc362 Win User
    Thanks for your help all the time*Smile
    No I don't have "unpin program from taskbar" in the context menu. Seems like this started when I installed Firefox....hmm

usmc362, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a workaround, do you have the unpin from taskbar option from within the Start menu?

If not there as well, then you might do a system restore using a restore point dated before you noticed this awol.

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  7. usmc362 Win User
    Yes I can unpin from the start menu and I have system restore turned off*Confused

usmc362, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Interesting. Did resetting the taskbar add the context menu back after pinning them again?

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  9. usmc362 Win User
    No it did'nt

usmc362, Jul 20, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 20, 2015
  11. tazmo8448 Win User
    Wouldn't happen to know under which category 'Unpin from Taskbar' in Local Policy Editor can be found wouldcha? My deal is I have W10 but use the W7 Shell extension so it mimics W7 and several things in taskbar don't respond, like right clicking and the little white icon that shows notifications by the clock in the lower right corner is unresponsive (other than turn or/off quiet time whatever that is) Open Action Center went by the wayside but the on/off thing works. I'm pretty sure the shell extension ended some things and wish to keep it and was wondering if there is a workaround on unpinning in the taskbar via LGP. The Start menu functions work good its just the TaskBar that is unresponsive and again by that I mean I am able to 'Pin' things just unable to 'UnPin'.

tazmo8448, Oct 17, 2015
  12. richie231186 Win User
    Just so future people with this issue know:

*Arrow Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

In windows 10 your taskbar items are located "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar" go here and delete any items you want removed etc.

Then restart explorer to see the changes
    Run: taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    Then: start explorer.exe

You can also find the registry values in: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband

Though I found I didn't need to modify them to manually add and remove items.

richie231186, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't unpin items from the taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't unpin items

2. Can't see full text in date and time option...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see full text in date and time option...: [IMG]Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cant-see-full-text-in-date-and-time-option/9a84f97e-6aff-4da5-b7e7-fd09fb5a4713
  3. can not get icons to pin to taskbar

can not get icons to pin to taskbar: updated google chrome, windows 10. Taskbar icons no longer work new ones will not pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/can-not-get-icons-to-pin-to-taskbar/29941795-5ede-44e3-9e36-c2f1e18cea04
  4. after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower: after I did a fresh start yesterday from windows defender my pc became slower install went well but when I open Microsoft store it become very slow like there is blue dots circling the store take to much time to open same thing for everything that has to do with my account...
  5. I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...

I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...: Hello, I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find C:\Users\Raghu\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\htguftbr\jcwufsbj.exe' whenever I connect the charger and it keeps popping up afterward....
  6. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop: I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's "desktop" shows up on the TV screen, nothing else that I am doing on the computer (PowerPoint or otherwise). Any idea why?...
  7. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...
  8. Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar

Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar: Hi, I recently started upgrading our Domain to Windows 10, once the machines were added and the correct Group Policies applied, Microsoft Edge is invisible on the taskbar. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks...
  9. Can't Log In

Can't Log In: Good day I can't log into my local user account. I know my password and it accepts it but as soon as it is busy logging in and saying "preparing your windows" I get rerouted and logged in as a guest. It then brings up a message saying I need to log out first. I can log out...
  10. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...