Windows 10: Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps

Discus and support Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys My problem began when I tried to use Skype For Business at home (working from home), I couldn't login. On other devices (new notebook &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickStocker, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps

Hi Guys

My problem began when I tried to use Skype For Business at home (working from home), I couldn't login. On other devices (new notebook & mobile) it worked fine.

I googled and tried a few tips I found (like update your windows). But it seems that something is messed up with my windows.

I can't update any microsoft app (skype, office, microsoft store vand others).

I can't even download troubleshooting tools or the media creation tool.

I keep getting a lot of different error codes like 0x80072F8F. Some of them pointing out that no connection to smartscreen is possible. (whatever that is).

I have an official windows 10 license.

I have a stable internet connection.

I restartet my PC a couple of times.

Any ideas what could help?

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

PatrickStocker, Jun 21, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps

1. Can't update my windows to 1903 (from1803) and other microsoft apps - Similar Threads - Can't update 1903

2. Can't install Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps: Hello,I recently reset my Windows 10 laptop. However, I don't have Microsoft Store now, and I can't install Microsoft apps, such as Photos. I tried installing Microsoft Store using PowerShell, but i get an error saying "Windows cannot install package...
  3. My desktop came with Microsoft 10 1903 installed but my other apps are not updated + i cant...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My desktop came with Microsoft 10 1903 installed but my other apps are not updated + i cant...: Help I can't find microsoft store and it wont let me download apps on the site and my search button doesn't work as well. I tried troubleshooting for the search bar in the settings but they cant detect anything.......
  4. Can't login to windows store and other Microsoft apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login to windows store and other Microsoft apps.: Everytime I try to login I click on my account a blank window pops up and closes. submitted by /u/Yeeaahboiiiiiiiiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt8kyu/cant_login_to_windows_store_and_other_microsoft/
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade from1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade from1803 to 1903: I am running on a Toshiba SATELLITE L70-B-119 laptop. I have run the update numerous times and it always stops with the error "Windows cannot configure one or more system components" This seems to occur around 68% after the first reboot. To date I have carried out the...
  6. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I'm unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I've tried multiple times using the Media Creation Center "Update this PC" and clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which won't stay disabled). I've also tried to...
  7. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I'm unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I've tried multiple times using the Media Creation Center "Update this PC" and clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which won't stay disabled). I've also tried to...
  8. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: Unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 using clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which doesn't seem to accept disabling). Also disabled IIS per guidance on another thread, but get an error that not all...
  9. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I've tried to update to W10 1903 about 8 times. I've followed all the suggestions offered to no avail. The error I'm getting is 0xC1900101-0x30018 Installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation. A MS thread I read suggested...
  10. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I can't update to the new 1903 update on my HP Spectre x360. It shows my device is incompatible. I would love to get this issue resolved as soon as possible[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903/01c975dd-987a-42da-ad7e-9b5053b282f6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 1903 stable for business use

2. cant update to 1903