Windows 10: Can't update to 1903

Discus and support Can't update to 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried to update to W10 1903 about 8 times. I've followed all the suggestions offered to no avail. The error I'm getting is 0xC1900101-0x30018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dhauraney, Aug 29, 2019.

1. dhauraney Win User

Can't update to 1903

I've tried to update to W10 1903 about 8 times. I've followed all the suggestions offered to no avail. The error I'm getting is 0xC1900101-0x30018 Installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation. A MS thread I read suggested uploading the a log file and a MS agent would contact me but the thread was locked. Don't see a way to attach it here.

Hoping you can help. I've successfully updated 2 of my 3 Win PC's but this one is my main desktop machine and I'd really like to update it.

Thanks,

David

:)

dhauraney, Aug 29, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Can't update to 1903

Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't update to 1903

1. Can't update to 1903 - Similar Threads - Can't update 1903

2. Can't update Windows from 17763 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows from 17763 to 1903: My PC recently broke so I'm borrowing an Acer Predator 7 gaming laptop from 2016 from a friend , it's running good but I'm completely out of ideas with this windows update issue. Let me explain , so I've tried just about every YouTube tutorial and Microsoft forum solution...
  3. 1803 can't update to 1903

1803 can't update to 1903: I have tried every suggested way that I have found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-cant-update-to-1903/cf5ef482-509a-4ec0-a881-29a51d28b212
  4. Can't update to version 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to version 1903: Around about maybe 3 months ago, I first got the update for version 1903 and that's when all this stress and panic started. For some reason, my computer didn't want to update; I don't remember much from the earlier times it tried to update but here's what my update history...
  5. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I'm unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I've tried multiple times using the Media Creation Center "Update this PC" and clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which won't stay disabled). I've also tried to...
  6. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I'm unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I've tried multiple times using the Media Creation Center "Update this PC" and clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which won't stay disabled). I've also tried to...
  7. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: Unable to complete the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 using clean boot, disabled app startup, and disabled non-MS services (except Norton which doesn't seem to accept disabling). Also disabled IIS per guidance on another thread, but get an error that not all...
  8. Can't install Windows 1903 update.

Can't install Windows 1903 update.: Hello, So I've been trying to update to Windows 1903 version for a few days now, and I've been receiving the same error. It crashes at 60% during installation, says one or some components could not be correctly installed, please try again. I have done pretty much...
  9. Can't update to 1903

Can't update to 1903: I can't update to the new 1903 update on my HP Spectre x360. It shows my device is incompatible. I would love to get this issue resolved as soon as possible[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903/01c975dd-987a-42da-ad7e-9b5053b282f6
  10. Update to 1903 fails, can't log in

Update to 1903 fails, can't log in: After the upgrade I can enter my pin but after several minutes I get a small window saying settings. If I click on the system says its not responding if I end process nothing happens. I recovered and went back to previous version. This an old hp touchsmart all in one. It was...