Windows 10: Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop

Discus and support Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I'm now seeing the 4 card reader drives built into my computer appearing on some of the different desktop folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iKing1, Nov 29, 2015.

1. iKing1 Win User

Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I'm now seeing the 4 card reader drives built into my computer appearing on some of the different desktop folders.

They don't appear on C:\Users\username\Desktop, nor do they show up on the physical desktop screen itself, which also doesn't show the Recycle Bin, Control Panel, etc (ie, it works the same way I had set it up before on 8.1) but they do appear on my taskbar desktop, on the navigation pane, and so forth.

Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop [​IMG]

How do I hide these without disabling the drives?

:)

iKing1, Nov 29, 2015
  2. larryis1 Win User

Memory Card Reader Drives No Longer Show Up After Last MS Windows 10 System Update (Earlier Today)

After installation of today's update I can no longer see the drives for my internal memory card reader within MS Windows Explorer. I checked both disk management and device manager and there are no exceptions and the drives do not show up. Did a rescan
    within disk manager and they still do not show up. When I insert a SD Card in the reader (within my Dell XPS 8700 desktop machine), the external LED light flickers but there is no sign of recognition of the drive on either my computer or windows explorer
    (same). Please help.

Thanks, Larry

larryis1, Nov 29, 2015
  3. SD Drive not recognized after upgrading to Windows 10

I have a similar problem with my Linx 1010 tablet. since the last Windows 10 update the integral card reader is not recognised i.e. only C drive now shows and not the D drive for the SD card. I've read the 2 responses above - troubleshoot showed
    nothing wrong. Devise manager doesn't list an SD Card Reader, and it doesn't appear under USB either.

Contacted Linx but they said Card Reader in the tablet does work with Windows 10. Well, it did until the last update. Is there an answer or will the next update fix this?

Old Traffordian, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Wullail Win User

Wullail, Nov 29, 2015
  5. iKing1 Win User
    I already have "don't show hidden files, folders or drives" selected, along with "hide empty drives", "hide extensions for known file types", "hide folder merge conflicts", "hide protected operating system files", etc.

iKing1, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    @ iKing1:

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFold ers in the Windows Registry and delete the {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} sub-key.

(Or, remove the drive letters in Disk Management but, like you said, that will disable the drives.)

Edwin, Nov 29, 2015
  7. iKing1 Win User
    This appears to have worked. Thank you!

iKing1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop - Similar Threads - Card Reader Drives

2. Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer: Hi, Yesterday I did some driver updates with Driver Booster 7 about 15 updates After that I recognized that my drives of the card reader are not showing up in Windows Explorer. The Explorer setting "Hide empty folders" is not set - that was the first I checked. The...
  3. card reader

card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  5. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  6. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  7. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  8. USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives

USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives: I am getting weird problem where random popup windows about "The directory name is invalid" for many of the drives from my external USB card reader These drives error messages are related to my external USB card reader which does not currently have anything mounted. [img]...
  9. USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives

in Windows 10 Support
    USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives: I am getting weird problem where random popup windows about "The directory name is invalid" for many of the drives from my external USB card reader These drives error messages are related to my USB card reader which does not currently have anything mounted. [img] [img]...
  10. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5