Windows 10: Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes

Discus and support Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes in Cortana to solve the problem; I couldn't find a Category dropdown suitable for Cortana; please advise how to get the right information. If I request a radio station via Cortana on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MW000, Dec 26, 2019.

1. MW000 Win User

Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes

I couldn't find a Category dropdown suitable for Cortana; please advise how to get the right information.

If I request a radio station via Cortana on my Invoke, it plays the station for roughly one minute. I then hear a chime, and the audio fades to silence -- as if Cortana had been requested to stop play. This began to happen perhaps a month ago, now happens more often than not. My main use for my Invoke is listening to the radio, and now the device is nearly useless.

Is there a software upgrade that my speaker should have recieved?

What can I do about this?

:)

MW000, Dec 26, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Cannot Invoke Cortana

There is an option when installing Win 10 to use Cortana or not. I'm wondering if you (or the installer) chose not to?

- suggests you didn't enter the command correctly.

Please post a screenshot of what you attempted.

Windows key + S should launch Cortana if enabled and functional.
    This is the Notebook (in this context):

Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes [​IMG]

Rt click the taskbar and you should see this:

*Arrow Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Have Invoke play music that is currently playing on my PC

Hi JessebOne,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

Try to uninstalling and reinstalling the Cortana Device Setup app and check if you're able to complete the setup. Invoke Works with select music services, paid subscriptions may be required. I suggest you to try reset Invoke, follow
    the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Attach Power Cable
    2. Press and Hold the Mic Mute Button until Cortana Says, “Ready for setup.”
    Note: the Invoke will not function until properly set up and linked to a Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Set up my Harman Kardon Invoke with Cortana
    , and I also suggest you to refer this article on

Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Introducing Harman Kardon INVOKE
    with Cortana by Microsoft
    , where you can see the partners who support controlling invoke.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes

1. Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes - Similar Threads - Category Cortana Invoke

2. Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes.: Not sure if this is windows related or something else.. has happened since the most recent update. submitted by /u/Jonki4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijarvf/windows_keeps_restarting_to_desktop_after_about_1/
  3. TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke: I've recently started having a problem with my Cortana/Invoke speaker not being able to play certain streams. Is there a way to update the app for the speaker? This is a new TuneIn app for desktop I had to install to make it work on PC as I was having the same issue....
  4. Cortana Invoke speaker not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana Invoke speaker not working: Recently I purchased Cortana Invoke for my pc, however when trying to pair it VIA Bluetooth to my pc. The issue is it pairs fine and is connected but in settings it is not connected under the audio it appears connected under other devices. I am unable to open sound settings...
  5. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  6. Is microsoft killing cortana

Is microsoft killing cortana: Is Microsoft killing Cortana because I saw a news article that it is so is it true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-killing-cortana/38cb7a9c-359f-433b-a3d5-cf3fe1e5b5db
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  8. Cortana Podcast Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Podcast Invoke: Cortana is playing podcasts just fine via TuneIn radio on my Invoke. However, I can't figure out a way to play a previous podcast. For example if it plays podcast XYZ Latest Episode. I can't figure out a command to tell it to play a "previous" podcast. Anyone know a voice...
  9. Cannot Invoke Cortana

Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...
  10. Harman Kardon Invoke featuring Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Harman Kardon Invoke featuring Cortana: We’re excited to share that today, our partner Harman Kardon, released new details about the previously announced voice-activated speaker featuring Cortana*. [img] The Harman Kardon Invoke speaker combines the rich, captivating sound that Harman Kardon is known for...