Windows 10: CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders

Discus and support CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi When CFA is turned on, changes to files in controlled folders are prevented from being saved even when those changes are made by trusted apps. On... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJones8, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MJones8 Win User

CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders

Hi

When CFA is turned on, changes to files in controlled folders are prevented from being saved even when those changes are made by trusted apps.

On using SAVE, the response is that Microsoft cannot access the file and sunbstitutes the file name in the file path with an appaarently random number.

On using SAVE AS the response is that the new file cannot be found.

The problem disappears when CFA is turned off.

I'd be grateful for any help to resolve this problem.

Regards

Michael

:)

MJones8, Aug 12, 2019

2. Stopping Windows Store apps being blocked by Controlled Folder Access

I have a couple of Windows Store apps that Controlled Folder Access blocks. When I try to include them in the list of apps that CFA doesn't block, I find that the folder \Program Files\WindowsApps is inaccessible, and the process of gaining access seems
    completely opaque. I get through to the "Advanced Security Settings for WindowsApps" window, and the principal that seems relevant is "Administrators (<computer name>\Administrators)". However there doesn't seem to be any way of editing this item; the only
    button that isn't greyed out is "View".

I can't imagine that it should be so difficult to tell CFA to allow Windows Store apps to access protected folders. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this problem?

JungleGym01, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 12, 2019
  4. CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders

Controlled Access Folder Blocks Files Even Though I Don't Have It Enabled

That’s because Controlled Folder Access can’t be enabled without Defender’s real-time protection being enabled. So if your third-party AV app is active, then Defender’s real-time protection and CFA are both locked down – but if CFA is still functioning,
    then it was locked in the “on” state rather than the “off” state, and is now in a logical error state. In order to clear that error state, you’ll need to take the steps that I’ve suggested above.

GreginMich, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders

1. CFA prevents trusted apps making changes to fiiles in controlled folders - Similar Threads - CFA prevents trusted

2. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making Changes To Folders: I occasionally need to rename or move a folder but get an error saying a file or folder is open which must be closed before renaming or moving can continue. Often there are dozens or hundreds of files or folders and I am unable to find the one causing the error. Is there any...
  3. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Changes To Folders: I occasionally need to rename or move a folder but get an error saying a file or folder is open which must be closed before renaming or moving can continue. Often there are dozens or hundreds of files or folders and I am unable to find the one causing the error. Is there any...
  4. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to make my app trusted for my users?: HelloI created an app exe , But when somebody downloads it warning message appears, I want my exe to be trusted with Windows, How is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-app-trusted-for-my-users/96249dee-2e02-4e4e-91db-10389f5905b8
  6. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my app trusted for my users?: HelloI created an app exe , But when somebody downloads it warning message appears, I want my exe to be trusted with Windows, How is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-app-trusted-for-my-users/96249dee-2e02-4e4e-91db-10389f5905b8
  7. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. CFA blocking svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CFA blocking svchost.exe: my CFA is blocking a a process with the name of svchost.exe. I provided it access to it. Is my laptop safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cfa-blocking-svchostexe/5afee0d3-1607-4c56-8330-ac8d01ec3a0d
  9. you require permissions from trusted installer to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you require permissions from trusted installer to make changes to this folder: I want to delete all the items from my WinSxS folderin C:\Windows\WinSxS while deleting the items I am getting errorHow to get rid of this error what is the solution....
  10. controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory: controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory?? i could not understand what is all this it keeps coming everytime after i downloaded someting from unsafe website.What should i do to get rid of it?is is unsafe for my pc...