Windows 10: Change contacts default location

Discus and support Change contacts default location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coastalguy, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Change contacts default location

I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location C:\User\username\Contacts. I would like to change this default to my network drive (where I have copied the contact folder to) so I can access and make changes to it from any of my pc's on the network. I have checked Word, my HP Solution Center, the Control Panel and I cannot find any settings to change this.

:)

Coastalguy, Jul 12, 2017

2. Notification dismissed on laptop returns on desktop

I'll contact the developer - thanks.

The app troubleshooter did not change the default location of the app, but did change the default location of the Temporary Internet Files (Inetcache)!

BjörnIsebaert, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Nokia E63 help.

In the contacts list, go to Options> Settings > Contacts to Display

Here you can also change the default saving location.

davetrevaskus, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Change contacts default location

Hi Coastalguy.

If you right click on Contacts there should be a tab called "Location", at least there was in Win 7.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Exactly where do I right click on "Contacts". I tried on the folder under File Explorer and also tried under Word 2010 but could not find "Contacts" anywhere there. Also, tried under devices for my fax, but no dice there either.

Coastalguy, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    File Explorer ... C:\Users\username
    Right Click on Contacts, the Left Click on Properties, then you should see the Location Tab.

Eagle51, Jul 13, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 13, 2017
  8. Change contacts default location

Sorry, but the Contacts folder properties doesn't have a location tab, like the downloads folder does. The only changes I can find there are permissions for the existing folder. Again, I am selecting this from C:\users\username\Contacts, right?

Coastalguy, Jul 13, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    @Costalguy, are you sure you are looking in the correct location?

Change contacts default location [​IMG]

essenbe, Jul 13, 2017
  10. I went to C:\Users\myuser\contacts and selected the properties from the final contacts folder. I tried to attach it here, but couldn't figure out how to get it from the manage attachments window to this window, but the tabs are:

General | Sharing | Security | Previous Versions | Customize.

I checked each of these tabs and none have an option to change, or even show the current location. Under C:\Users, I even checked each of the other user names (All users, default etc.), but those allowing access, don't even have the Contacts folder in them, only under my user name.

Possibly there is some other windows setting that provides the location tab? I did check the download folder, and it does provide the location folder, but not the Contacts???

Coastalguy, Jul 13, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Coastalguy,

As a test, open the Run dialog (Win+R), type shell:contacts, and click/tap on OK to see what location your "Contacts" folder open at.

Brink, Jul 13, 2017
  12. Brink,
    You got it, entering shell:contacts showed me the location I had changed it to sometime ago, that I forgot about. When I selected properties on that folder, it indeed had a location tab, allowing me to change it to the new folder I needed to change it to now. Apparently, even if a number of folders were set up with all of your contacts, it is only the currently "active" one that has a location tab to change it. Thank you so much for your help.

Coastalguy, Jul 13, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change contacts default location

Great news. I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change contacts default location

1. Change contacts default location - Similar Threads - Change contacts default

2. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  3. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  4. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  5. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  6. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  7. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  8. Changing Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  9. Changing default install location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...
  10. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.: I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess. As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't...