Windows 10: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same network, it creates a conflict for network communications.

The device name for Windows 10 Mobile phones is Windows Phone by default unless named something else by the phone manufacturer.

This tutorial will show you how to change the device name for your phone in Windows 10 Mobile.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on System. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on About. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Device name, tap on the Edit name button. (see screenshot below)

4. Type in a device name you want for your phone, and tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. Verify that the new name has been applied. (see screenshot below)

6. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Cluster Head, Feb 9, 2016

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Intel changes Naming Scheme on Mobile Proccessors (Again)

Intel changes naming scheme on Mobile Processors (Again)

Intel has now changed their naming scheme on mobile proccessors to TDP. The Chart goes like this:
    • E: TDP >50W
    • T: TDP 25W to 49W
    • L: TDP 15W to 24W
    • U: TDP <14W
    Source: AnandTech

live2game2003, Oct 26, 2019
  4. xinlifoss Win User

Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Here is the list from MS.

Jim

Phone Man, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

1. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Change Device Name

2. Windows 10 Device name changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Device name changed: I recently purchased an HP Pavillion Gaming laptop to where initially I signed in with a new Microsoft account. I later reset and recovered and signed in with a local account. I then signed in with my Microsoft account again and the name had changed. I know I messed something...
  3. devices: mobile phones in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    devices: mobile phones in Win10: so, unsure which sub-forum to mention these issues can't get win 10 to detect my alcaltel phone pixi 3.5 can't therefore use USB tethering 25567
  4. Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Encryption for your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Device encryption helps protect your files and folder on your Windows 10 Mobile phone from unauthorized...
  5. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...
  6. Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB connection. It also provides...
  7. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  8. Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Active Hours for Updates - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Active Hours for Updates on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322, you can now set the time in which you are most active...
  9. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps,...
  10. Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Start Background on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change Start Background on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to choose a Start background to show as a tile image, full image, or no image on your Windows 10...