Windows 10: Change download location

Discus and support Change download location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mitchell, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Mitchell Win User

Change download location

Hi,
    I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7.

How can I change it to be set to Windows 10.

Hopefully screen shot can explain better .

:)

Mitchell, Sep 10, 2015
  2. CLScribe Win User

Change download location from AppData

Thanks Jay.

I'll see how this works next time around.

CLScribe, Sep 10, 2015
  3. CLScribe Win User
    Change download location from AppData

Unfortunately, the issue with Windows 10 App Data is not resolved.

For example, today I downloaded and image with instructions to Firefox to open it in Photoshop, which it did.

I then saved the downloaded image in a folder of my choice.

However, I then did a general search for all files downloaded today and two picture files came up.

One in the folder I selected and another in:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp.

In addition, I found a few other files that I never intended to save in AppData permanently, among other misc. files.

Firefox continue to ask me which software I want to use to when downloading files but it seems two things are happening at the same time i.e. files are being open as per my instructions in addition to being saved in AppData.

I can only guess that the best thing to do is to clear the AppData regularly but wonder what is the best way to do this and are there any precautions that I should keep in mind?

Thanks.

CLScribe, Sep 10, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Change download location

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Even though I'm not looking to change any Edge settings, that is useful to know. Thanks for publishing the tutorial *Smile

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change download location

1. Change download location - Similar Threads - Change download location

2. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  3. Can't change the download location

Can't change the download location: How to change the all downloading location, from c drive to d drive ?I changed the location from settings, but it still downloading for the c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-download-location/07fb58de-c276-4565-994a-6430e149da4d
  4. change clipchamp download location

change clipchamp download location: how can i change the microsoft clipchamp download location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-clipchamp-download-location/043e8959-948c-4b4d-9959-ae5ddf87cfed
  5. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  6. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  7. Change download location.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change download location.: Hi everyone! My C drive storage is full so I didn't have enough storage to dowload a game Sea of Thieves. Is it possible to change the location of my next downloads? I have other hard drive. Thanks, Movido de: [PT-BR]...
  8. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  9. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  10. Changing OneDrive download location

Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...