Windows 10: Change download location

Discus and support Change download location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mitchell, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Mitchell Win User

Change download location

Hi,
    I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7.

How can I change it to be set to Windows 10.

Hopefully screen shot can explain better .

:)

Mitchell, Sep 10, 2015
  2. CLScribe Win User

Change download location from AppData

Thanks Jay.

I'll see how this works next time around.

CLScribe, Sep 10, 2015
  3. CLScribe Win User
    Change download location from AppData

Unfortunately, the issue with Windows 10 App Data is not resolved.

For example, today I downloaded and image with instructions to Firefox to open it in Photoshop, which it did.

I then saved the downloaded image in a folder of my choice.

However, I then did a general search for all files downloaded today and two picture files came up.

One in the folder I selected and another in:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp.

In addition, I found a few other files that I never intended to save in AppData permanently, among other misc. files.

Firefox continue to ask me which software I want to use to when downloading files but it seems two things are happening at the same time i.e. files are being open as per my instructions in addition to being saved in AppData.

I can only guess that the best thing to do is to clear the AppData regularly but wonder what is the best way to do this and are there any precautions that I should keep in mind?

Thanks.

CLScribe, Sep 10, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Change download location

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Even though I'm not looking to change any Edge settings, that is useful to know. Thanks for publishing the tutorial *Smile

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change download location

1. Change download location - Similar Threads - Change download location

2. Changing downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing downloads folder location: I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it? I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628) This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side...
  3. Change location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change location: So I added a second monitor (tv :v) to my setup and I put it on the wall right above my main monitor, the problem is when I extend the screens in order to get a window in the screen above I have to move the cursor to the left side, is there a way to get windows to know that...
  4. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  5. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  6. Change maps download location to sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change maps download location to sd card: Hello all. I have a Surface Go and have been trying to change the default download for offline maps to microsdxc. In settings/storage I am able change the default download location for music, documents, videos, apps from C: to D: (microsdxc). For offline maps when I click on...
  7. Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled

Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled: Hi there, I played around to get my new OneDrive account sorted out and in a moment of insanity I moved my quick access Downloads folder. Once I realized that I should have just changed the quick access folders location to my OneDrive path, I somehow caused damage to the...
  8. How to set (change) download location for MS Store?

How to set (change) download location for MS Store?: I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive with loads of space. How do I redirect it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-change-download-location-for-ms-store/b238ba65-6002-4061-a2c2-53dcf4dedf09"
  9. Changing OneDrive download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...
  10. Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Google Chrome Default Download Folder Location in Windows [img] Information By default, Google Chrome downloads to the %UserProfile%\Downloads folder for your account. If you like,...