Windows 10: Change " edge" to different home page

Discus and support Change " edge" to different home page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rhondahartjohns, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Change " edge" to different home page

Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page in pic !!
    Change " edge" to different home page [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated !!
    Thanks
    Rhonda

:)

rhondahartjohns, Mar 8, 2016

2. How do I Add or hide a Toolbar in Internet Explorer11 / Win10 please?

Windows 10: Change the Microsoft Edge home page

Type in about:blank for the page.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 8, 2016
  3. NWCgrad Win User
    How do I Add or hide a Toolbar in Internet Explorer11 / Win10 please?

Windows 10: Change the Microsoft Edge home page

Type in about:blank for the page.

Don

Thanks Don - that worked. Now can you tell me how to make Edge open full screen as the default?

NWCgrad, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change " edge" to different home page

Hello Rhonda, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing your settings for this to see if anything may stand out.

Just to verify, did you use step 9 in Option 1 below to add a website for your startup page?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink for answering my call for help !! Here are a couple pics i took if you need more just ask ! Yes i tried Step 9 and tried othe boxes also !! But it always goes back to same page as above, i even compared how my other computer is set up & still back to same page above ..... i'm lost !!
    Thansk
    Rhonda

Not the pic i wanted !! Will try again !

6. Change " edge" to different home page [​IMG]

7. Change " edge" to different home page [​IMG]

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok, I see the problem.

You'll need to select the A specific page or pages setting instead, then add the URL of the website you want Microsoft Edge to open to at startup.

Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  9. I tried >>> A specific page or pages setting instead, then add the URL <<< no place to add a url but it says msn !!

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  11. When i close it out it goes back to the 2nd pic !!

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  13. Change " edge" to different home page

Still a no go !! Even changed it to Ten Forums but when i close it out it goes back to blank after opening !!

14. After opening using Ten Forums !!

15. I have it set exactly like my other Edge on a different computer but no workie !! Still at a loss here !!

Thema:

1. Change " edge" to different home page - Similar Threads - Change edge different

2. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with Bing Home Page in Edge: I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was displayed. I've high lighted the areas in question. Edge is up to date and don't think it's related to Fat Tuesdays' CU. Does...
  3. home page in edge windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    home page in edge windows 10: My home page has been the page that opens with edge, it has been that way for a long time, all of a sudden edge opens with the tab page, i have followed the videos on youtube and home page does not open with edge, i can click on home page and it goes there but it does not...
  4. pc startup and edge home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc startup and edge home page: i keep on getting this error message poping up on my computer when i start it up vm8SdnJJB and when i go on my microsoft edge home page it put my screen in a white blank.what is this and how do i get rid of it...
  5. changing home page

changing home page: How can I change my home page back to google without using the non-existent tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-home-page/77d5e6bf-fe6c-47d9-b27a-b933e9a4c900
  6. "Information Cards" on Edge Home page

"Information Cards" on Edge Home page: The Home page of Edge shows 3 "information cards" on money, sports, and weather. I have to manually delete them every time I start Edge. They do not stay gone....
  7. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

in Browsers and Email
    Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page: I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close...
  8. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  9. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...
  10. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969