Windows 10: Change language code file?

Discus and support Change language code file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, here's my situation, and thanks in advance for any help: My in-laws have W10 installed, English is their second language, so I set up their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by namingishard, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Change language code file?

Hello, here's my situation, and thanks in advance for any help:

My in-laws have W10 installed, English is their second language, so I set up their PC with their language as primary. They have some sort of issue now, where instead of being taken to the windows login, they are given a command shell with a password prompt. When I check the properties of this prompt, the current code (language) is not set to english, but the password was set during windows 10 setup BEFORE changing the language, so it expects english.

I don't know what the base error actually is, but I cannot restore to check points or factory wipe windows, and I don't know of a way to change it at BIOS/boot. At this point, I have the hard drive pulled and hooked up to my machine. I'm hoping I can find the file that stores the current code and change it manually, of course I'm open to other ideas. Anyone know where this file might exist?

:)

namingishard, Oct 19, 2017

2. n96 can't wrigth arabic after update

If you just gotten the language in the phone changed, the original phone language will come back when you do a major update.

The update looks at the phones product code, and downloads the software for that product code.

An example:

You buy a phone in Great Britain, and this have a product code that identifies it as made for that market. It there for have the languages that is suitable for this region.

You go to a servicepoint and they change only the software in phone for a different market that includes the Arabic language.

You then update your phone. It will download the software for a phone that should be sold in Great Britain. Because the product code say it is a phone sold for this market.

What I recommend you do, is visit a servicepoint and pay them to change the product code in the phone for the region that contains the languages you want. In this case Arabic language

JudaZ---01, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Nokia 225 language pack

There is Finland language etc.. but is it possible to change this code? Or any other possibility to add Estonia language?

Ability1---01, Oct 19, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Change language code file?

zbook, Oct 21, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you could start system restore by booting the PC from an install disk, via 'Repair your computer', navigate to System restore in Advanced Startup options.. assuming you had enabled system restore, and have a suitable restore point.

Failing that, there's an outside chance restoring the registry backup might help. (That's an offline activity, which could be done by booting to a command prompt, or accessing the disk as you are now or from a boot disk)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change language code file?

1. Change language code file? - Similar Threads - Change language code

2. Change of language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change of language: My PC has the Software Windows 11 Home, I would like to change my language to English, but this program only supports one language, there is something that I can do to this...
  3. Changing Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language: I bought a new computer in italy, which has windows 10 home installed. When I started doing the setup the language was already set to Italian. I dont understand Italian super well and I cant seem to be able to change the language to English properly. I installed the language...
  4. Changing language

Changing language: The system language on my laptop is French. How do I make it to English? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language/4e0cf02d-4000-4ef7-b41f-0192e007d44b
  5. Changing language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing language: Is there a way to completely change my windows language? While the computer is on everything is in english, but when it's loading or updating everything is in polish for some reason. Is there a way to change it? submitted by /u/StrokyBoi [link] [comments]...
  6. change language

change language: first downloaded windows in Russian, and now I need everything to change to English. I downloaded the package and installed it, but it changed only superficially. For example, the name of the group has not changed. That applies only to types and it is not possible to change...
  7. changing language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing language: I bought a laptop from china and it has chinese windows 10 on it. The problem is I can't change its language to english cause of chinese windows 10. If I activate windows 10 pro OEM, could I change my laptop's language?...
  8. Change Language

Change Language: I have been trying to download Italian language and use it as a default language on my laptop, but the download seems frozen. It is working for more than 12 hours and nothing changed....
  9. change language

change language: In my facebook account, I am receiving comments in different languages, I have checked in settings to be certain that I have "English USA" as my preferred language. How does one change this?...
  10. language change

language change: How Can I remove "KIN" language from my task bar and language switching botton I need Thai ang English please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-change/89f4a5ac-084f-4e0b-93da-d182dc67fe24