Windows 10: Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows

Discus and support Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows How to Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by gellertb, Sep 3, 2015.

1. gellertb Win User

Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows

How to: Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows

How to Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows

This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome.

Google Chrome has a new Material Design refresh UI. This new UI comes with many new changes such as round curved tabs, round edges of address bar, color changes, etc.

If you like, you can set a flag for an experimental feature to select a "UI layout for the brower's top chrome" you want that changes the look of the tabs and address bar in Chrome.

You can toggle between the following UI layouts for the top of Google Chrome:
    • Refresh - Material Design refresh
    • Touchable Refresh - Touchable Material Design refresh
    • Dynamic Refresh - Switching automatically between Touchable and non-Touchable modes
    This tutorial will show you how to change the Material Design UI layout for the top (tabs and address bar) of Google Chrome to what you want for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Material Design UI layouts for top of Google Chrome

Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md
    3. Select the UI Layout for the browser's top chrome flag setting you want in the drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

gellertb, Sep 3, 2015
  2. LEOPEVA64 Win User

Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome  

Because the flag mentioned in this tutorial doesn't affect the tabs, if you want to have the tabs with the previous design you should use this flag:

*Arrow Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

LEOPEVA64, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

I've tried this setting but it just won't work for me. I also set chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md to Normal to show tabs in the old style. Is that why the new UI isn't displaying?

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Steve C Win User

I've just been toggling those flags on/off and I now have the old style tabs but the new UI style elsewhere.

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Material Design UI Layout for Top of Google Chrome in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Material Design

2. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  3. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  4. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  5. google chrome desk top shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome desk top shortcuts: when I open up a web site (chrome) via desk top short cut multiple web sites attempt to load. ie open up outlook and 2 additional yahoo operations appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-desk-top-shortcuts/ff590c50-859e-4adb-85a2-f08c6cb0c473
  6. Chrome 69 will come with new material design and other major improvements on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome 69 will come with new material design and other major improvements on Windows: Google Chrome 69 is supposed to improve the overall web browsing experience on Windows, Linux, macOS and Android. Google Chrome is launching next month and it’ll come with much-needed interface improvements. Earlier this year, Chromium evangelist confirmed that the user...
  7. Google Chrome will get new interface with material design

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will get new interface with material design: Google has been testing a material design interface on Chrome for quite some time now. These changes are seen in the Google Chrome Canary branch. The changes in the UI are more than just aesthetic improvements. Material UI design would ensure a more user-friendly interface....
  8. Change Theme in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Google Chrome: How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome...
  9. Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. Google Chrome has a new Material Design refresh UI....
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...