Windows 10: Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10 How to Change the Theme of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10

How to: Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10

How to Change the Theme of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Windows 10 has a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center.

You can choose to have a light or dark theme in Microsoft Edge.

This tutorial will show you how to choose a light or dark theme in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change to Light or Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge in Microsoft Edge Settings
    • Option Two: To Change to Light or Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change to Light or Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge in Microsoft Edge Settings
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (light) or step 5 (dark) below for what theme you would like to choose.

4. To Choose a Light Theme in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on General on the left side, and select Light under Choose a themeClick/tap on Advanced on the left side,. (see screenshot below)

5. To Choose a Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on General on the left side, and select Dark under Choose a themeClick/tap on Advanced on the left side,. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below make changes to the DWORD value in the registry key below.

Code:
    Theme DWORD

0 = light theme
    1 = dark theme

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use a Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Microsoft_Edge_dark_theme.reg

Download

3. To Use a Light Theme in Microsoft Edge
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Microsoft_Edge_light_theme.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2015
  2. Yaqub K Win User

how do i change the color of the font in windows 10 edge?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

In Windows 10, you cannot change the colour of the Font.

If you are referring to the theme on Microsoft Edge and if it is showing a dark, you can change it to light. Follow the steps to change the theme:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More actions > Settings
    • Click on Choose a theme and change it to light.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 19, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I customise Microsoft Edge to add colour to the very bland title bars in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

In Microsoft Edge you will be able to change the theme, but you will not be able to customize the color

If you want to change the theme of the Microsoft Edge follow the Steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select settings.

• Under Choose a them you can select the theme.

For customizing color, I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Microsoft Edge feedback. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Cliff,

Yep, build 10147 is the latest leaked build for now.

You never know. Microsoft may have more personalization options available in future builds or the RTM. *Smile

Brink, Jun 19, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    That would be great, because I really hate patching, as it kills a lot of right click options. In Windows 8 for example, Apps screen and Start screen have no right click options, and in Windows 7 it totally messes up MMC.

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2015
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Shawn is this the right tutorial to follow if I want to have different colours for my "Google" page to have the top bar, tab bar, Menu bar, Command bar and favourites bar in 10 because right now everything is a dazzling white *Cool

ICIT2LOL, Jul 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey John,

This would be to use either the light or dark theme in Microsoft Edge. *Smile

Brink, Jul 5, 2015
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Thanks Shawn and sorry for the late reply as we don't have the email note now I forget to check into the forum to see replies.

I shall have to have some time to play around with the 10 (Edge) to get what I like and have some holidays coming up to do just that as that machine is back at my own place and I live with the "boss" more often than not now*Wink

ICIT2LOL, Jul 6, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I hear that. Gotta keep the boss happy. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Microsoft Edge Theme in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Microsoft Edge

2. How to change Microsoft Edge browser themes, background and appearance

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Microsoft Edge browser themes, background and appearance: Microsoft Edge is getting customizable with each update. With just a few quick settings you can now make the new Edge look the way you want. You can customize the new Microsoft Edge Browser by changing the themes, background, and appearance per your preference and give it a...
  3. Microsoft Edge in Halo theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge in Halo theme: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2z8wv/microsoft_edge_in_halo_theme/
  4. Change Windows 10 theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 theme: Hello, do not be tired I wanted to ask how to change the Windows theme that does not come up through the boot menu and cmd or through the mini boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-theme/2f190be7-78d7-4839-8e60-8194a1c2cc81
  5. Chrome Themes on Edge

Chrome Themes on Edge: Is there an easy way to install Chrome themes on the new Edge? 154996
  6. Change Microsoft Edge Theme Through Powershell?

Change Microsoft Edge Theme Through Powershell?: I currently have two tasks running that will change my windows 10 theme using: "Set-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize -Name AppsUseLightTheme -Value 1" However I can't find anything about changing the actual them of the...
  7. How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode: How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  8. Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?: This is a problem I've seen solved in Vista a lot, but isn't something I can find a help thread for at all with Windows 10. :/ I am unable to change the theme color from an icky blue. I can change the desktop, I can enable and disable the color on the Start, taskbar, etc., I...
  9. Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Change Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Theme in Windows 10 How to Change the Theme in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the pointers on your PC all at once, and you can switch between themes as often as you like....