Windows 10: Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User

Discus and support Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I have added a second Microsoft Account to my Admin User Settings, and would like to remove the first one that was linked during initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sam Adi, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Sam Adi Win User

Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User

In Windows 10 I have added a second Microsoft Account to my Admin User Settings, and would like to remove the first one that was linked during initial setup. Settings under Email & App Accounts offers "Manage" and "Remove" for the second email, but only "Manage" for the first address. Can't find anyway to unravel my issue at Outlook after using the Manage function. How can I remove my first email address from the Admin User, so the second address will be my only link to Microsoft?

:)

Sam Adi, Dec 7, 2018

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 7, 2018
  4. LoganB123 Win User

Can't change primary email.

I added a new email to my alias list and verified it and i keep changing it to the primary alias and it is doing nothing.

LoganB123, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User - Similar Threads - Change Primary Microsoft

2. Password issue - Logged into updated Windows 10 as local admin user, changed primary email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password issue - Logged into updated Windows 10 as local admin user, changed primary email...: I recently installed an update to Windows 10 on my dad's Lenovo Yoga 2. This involved logging in to his administrator user account, which was the only local user account on it. There were logins to my Google Gmail on his account, as I work from a Chromebook, and the system...
  3. Password issue - Logged into updated Windows 10 as local admin user, changed primary email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password issue - Logged into updated Windows 10 as local admin user, changed primary email...: I recently installed an update to Windows 10 on my dad's Lenovo Yoga 2. This involved logging in to his administrator user account, which was the only local user account on it. There were logins to my Google Gmail on his account, as I work from a Chromebook, and the system...
  4. Password issue - Logged into updated Windows 10 as local admin user, changed primary email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...: Anyone have any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-changed-the-email-address-for/15fa7342-dabb-4584-be62-63a282fb3f11
  6. Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...

Windows 11 upgrade changed the email address for the primary admin user and we can't figure...: Anyone have any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-changed-the-email-address-for/15fa7342-dabb-4584-be62-63a282fb3f11
  7. Change Primary Email on PC

Change Primary Email on PC: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  8. Spelling mistake in primary user / admin email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spelling mistake in primary user / admin email address: Hi, when setting up my new computer, I spelt the email address incorrectly. So I now have a new laptop setup to an email that I can't access, However all my microsoft office products were registered with the correct email address and account.incorrect address - missing 2...
  9. Changing primary user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing primary user: I want to delete my current Microsoft account (privacy issues) but it is currently being used as the primary user on my desktop. How do I go about removing this account and adding a new one while not losing any of my settings/data? submitted by /u/freshiii_ [link]...
  10. changing my primary email on microsoft acc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing my primary email on microsoft acc: question 1 Can i change from gmail to yahoo? Question 2 When it says remove similiar accs does that mean delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-primary-email-on-microsoft-acc/718b7144-7655-4603-9fc5-803061aab979

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change email on primary admin account