Windows 10: Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Discus and support Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IownAmoneyPit, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will modify the solid color chosen above that also modifies the color of the Start Menu & Taskbar.

The Color Intensity slider only modifies the color of the window borders.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ows-10-a.html\

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar [​IMG]

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar [​IMG]
    Note Color Intensity & Color Mixer functions (Sliders) have been depreciated and no longer have any effect of altering a chosen color for builds newer than 10130.

:)

IownAmoneyPit, Jan 28, 2015
  2. Tom_EC Win User

Get colored title bars without changing whole color scheme?

Is there a way in Threshold 2 Update to get the colored titled bar without changing your whole color scheme?

I like the default start menu and taskbar colors. But in order to get a colored "title bar" i.e. see your active window with focus, you need to change the global color setting that changes Start, taskbar, action center, & title bar. There doesn't seem to
    be a similar color to choose like the default color of the Start Menu.

I was very disappointed to find out colored title bars are not enabled by default. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar :(

The lack of color for the active window that has focus was the most annoying thing about Windows 10. They seemed to have brought it back, but I'm sure hardly any people are going to use it and enable it since it's disabled by default.

Any way to change ONLY the focused window's title bar color?

Tom_EC, Jan 28, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    How to change the appearance in Windows 10?

"Windows 10 has a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which pulls the primary color from your desktop background.

This tutorial will show you how to change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars (build 10525), window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents to any color you want in
    Windows 10."

Color and Appearance - Change in Windows 10

Change Accent Color in Windows 10

change window borders windows 10 - Recherche Google

Fix: Cannot Change Windows 10 Default Font

<link to Reimage pushing site removed>

Windows 10 system font size change

Windows 10 system font size change

How to change the default fonts in Windows 10 - Recherche Google

Linney, Jan 28, 2015
  4. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

But I can't choose a very light grey task bar color like in Window 8 or Windows 7. I can not choose a color light enough for my liking. No really light greys or anything. Further, the minimize, maximize and close buttons on windows look different and I don't know if it's possible to make it win7 or win8 style again.

danwat1234, Jul 12, 2015
  5. It's one of the rare place in Win Ten where settings are unstable.

These problems were there under 10074. Do we agree that the desktop color default is black?
    If you change it, you loose it. I don't even try to change it now because it's the setting that I use.

MikeMecanic, Jul 13, 2015
  6. I am not sure if the default is black or not, I forget. I am now running Windows 10 build 10240 64-bit. The available color selection in the Immersive Control Panel has not changed from 10176 to 10240, which is basically the final release of win10.

The darkest color selection is rather dark but not black. The lightest is a lightish grey but still nowhere as light as windows 8's start menu and task bar color.
    Yes I am running Start10 but right now it is not changing the color of the start menu, just making it classic, and changing the button.

Attached are 4 pics. 1 of them I believe is the default color, but maybe not. The other 3 files are messing with the color selection within the Immersive Control Panel's color selection and you can see the color selection has not changed between builds.

I hope the final version of Start10 can not only change the color of the start menu, but of the task bar as well. But really, Microsoft, get with it! Why not a full RGB selection?

Pics; Windows 10 color slections - Album on Imgur

danwat1234, Jul 17, 2015
  7. How do you lift the 49 color selection limitation so it's unlimited RGB like Windows 7?

danwat1234, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

1. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar - Similar Threads - Change default Color

2. How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When it comes to customization Windows 11 has gotten even better. The Menus are easily accessible, and there are more options. Since Start Menu is one of the biggest highlights, here is how you can change the Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar Colors. How to Change...
  3. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  4. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  5. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  6. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  7. CSGO changes the color of my taskbar and start menu

CSGO changes the color of my taskbar and start menu: Hello, it's all on the title When CSGO isn't running : https://i.imgur.com/FIwFdsf.png After CSGO is running : https://i.imgur.com/w7zr0g1.png Afterwards I have to go into the settings to put the right color back, but if I run csgo the ugly color will put itself back, do...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482